Reasons

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and saw it was 10 in the evening. "He should be home at this hour. "
I went upstairs to prepare his bath decorated our bedroom as romantic as possible then I thought 'it wouldn't hurt to make this night romantic, right?'.
"I need a wine", I said as I tried to calm myself down after the thought of  having my husband see all the decorations I've done.

*click* *door opens*
"I'm home", that voice sent shiver to my spine.
"I'm in the kitchen", I shouted then heard footsteps coming to the kitchen.
"Sorry I'm late" he said then looked at the wine glass I was holding.
"Drinking?" he said in an accusing manner.
"Not yet. Do you want some? " I said as I tried to ignore what he said earlier.
"No.  I'll go ahead and freshen up." He said and went straight to the bedroom.
"I prepared a hot bath for you" I shouted while I was trying to catch up with him.
"What's with all the petals and the candles? " "Are the lights broken?" he asked continuously as he inspected the room.
"Nooooo~. I thought it would be romantic to set our bedroom like this. " I said while pouting in front of him.
"It looks messy. Clean it up." he said and went straight to the bathroom.

A tear escaped my eye as I was clearing our bedroom with all the decorations I've put up. I heard our bathroom door open as soon as I lied down on our bed.

"How was your day? " I started a conversation. I didn't mind that he was not looking at me and only payed attention at his phone.

"Hmmm.  It was okay. " He replied.

"Well I missed you sooo much. " I said as I snuggled him.

"That's nice" he said still looking at his phone.

"I was cleaning the house earlier then I saw a box full of memories from when you were still courting me. We looked so happy at those pictures." I said then placed my faced on his neck smelling the musk aftershave scent.

"That's good to hear" he said nonchalantly

"Hey~ stop looking at your phone. Can you please look and pay attention to me? " I said looking at his eye.

"I'm in the middle of work. I'm paying attention at you but I need to look at these,  okay? " he said then looked back at his phone again.

"Are you happy? " I said out of the blue.

A moment of silence then I sat up.  I only heard the sound of the clock in our room. I looked back at him and notice that he was continuing his work from his phone as if he never heard what I said.

"Hey,  Marcus!  Are you happy? " I asked in a louder tone.  This time he looked at me then turned his head back to his phone.

"Why did you suddenly asked? " he chuckled while answering, he seemed amused at my question.

"Are you happy? "  I said in a serious tone and kept a straight face while looking at him.

"I don't know." he sighed then asked "Are you happy?"

"If I'm not would you let me leave?" I answered not looking at his face.

"Why? Do you have to leave? Is that the only solution you could think of?" he hissed, unhappy of my answer.

"Then give me a good reason to stay." I said then turned to look at him.

"Am I not enough to be that reason?" he said as he started tearing up.

"Ha! But you're the one giving me the reason to leave." I said and started heading to the balcony.

"I'll give you a reason to stay, if you give me the chance" he said and wrap his arms around my waist. "So,  please  don't go."

I nodded and stared at the moon infront of us.