unang sulat

Jan. 9, 2014

Dearest Rebecca,

I'm really not good with this so please bear with me.

Our journey may not be the as sweet or as romantic as the others, but I know for sure that ours is real and is strong as we made its foundation with the greatest thing we could put - communication and trust. The relationship we have and continue to build is not like the movies or fairytale that everything falls easily into place or the guy always gets the girl.

I was a broken man when we meet and you offered frienship at that time, which I am very thankful because we knew each other and got to know each other by being friends. I was not good at relationships because I would always point the flaws of our relationship and mostly add my flaws. I thought by doing those I would save both parties, but always ended up being alone. Thank you for accepting me despite my weirdness and flaws. You were the one who looked pass by my scars and flaws and continued to love me as I am. Your love made me realize the best things that life has to offer. You are more than what I could ask for and I'm very blessed to tell other people that you are mine.

I love your more than ever before and I will love you till my last breath.

With love,
Marcus

After reading his letter memories started to flash.

*past*
I was a happy 19-year old when we first met. I saw Marcus sitting at the ledge of the bridge.
"Excuse me? There are lots of bench over here. Why don't you come over, and eat an ice cream with me? I'm Rebecca by the way. "

He scoffed "What do you I am, a kid? No amount of ice cream can mend this heart of mine. Stay away from me! You don't even know me so go home or bother somebody else."

" Ice cream is the greatest thing in the world, next to pizza of course. Seriously, I know you want to jump off the bridge because you got your heart broken. I may not be the best person to seek for love advice but I now that eating an ice cream won't hurt. " I said while looking at his blue watery eyes. It looked so tired from crying. I felt disheartened looking at his state.

"You wouldn't understand what I'm going through so stop bothering me. Please I want to be alone". He said as a tear escaped his eyes.

"How can I understand, when you would not say what's wrong." I said. He stared at me as if I hit him at his weakest spot.

"You know, sometimes it wouldn't hurt to admit that we are wrong, or somethings wrong in the relationship. It's a matter of listening and communicating. If you still want to have some ice cream my offer stands. I'll be over that ice cream pallor across the street. " I said then started to walk away from the guy.

I was about to open the door of the shop when I heard a voice calling me.

"Hey wait! You there, with a large bow! " He shouted out loud making the other people turn to look at him.

"Shush! You're so loud! By the way I have a name, it's Rebecca. "

"I'm Marcus, fine I'll tell you my story but you'll be the one who will pay for my ice cream." He stated and went inside the shop, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What just happened?" I stated with disbelief. One second he was sad, then he became jolly all of a sudden.