fourteen

Late September

Same Day

The Beverly Hilton

Charlotte's P.O.V.

It was now 2 in the afternoon, after Ethan had dropped me off. Clouds began to cover the sky as light raindrops fell down. I knew it wasn't normal for it to rain in LA, so I made sure to leave my window open to get a cooling breeze to flow throw my hotel room. Thunder clouds rumbled a bit, making me feel more at home in this LA hotel. I was seated at my desk, with my computer open and multiple papers spread across my desk. The TV was on as background noise to make me feel less alone. My bed was neatly made, and my clothes were folded or hung up in the closet in my room.

One way to make myself feel more relaxed was working. I am a very hard worker, and I love to do extra work to keep me busy and sane. I was going through my computer, looking at places to live. I've been trying to find the right apartment building in an area with a lot of things to do and shopping. I found one in a good area, and booked an appointment for it with a real estate agent I found. I found a couple more apartments, and booked some more appointments.

After my extensive search, I decided that it was time to call my mother, to tell her how my new adventure was going. I took a deep breath, then pressed the call button under my mom's number on my phone. After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hi sweetie!" My mom said in a cheery voice. I chocked up a bit at the sound of her voice.

"Hi mom," I croaked back and smiled.

"How are you, honey? How's Los Angeles?" she questioned.

"It's great. It's so pretty and a lot of fun."

"Been to any clubs yet?" she asked in a joking tone.

"No mom," I laughed back. "But, I have found work already."

"That's great! Who are you working for?"

"I ran into an old friend of mine who offered me a job as his personal assistant. He's a really famous guy who posts videos on this website called YouTube, and he has, like, 15 million fans."

"That's amazing sweetie! What has he made you do so far?"

"Well I filmed a baking video with him, and he taught me how to edit videos, and I went shopping for him twice."

"You filmed a video with him?"

"Yeah! I made cupcakes with two of his other friends. It was so fun and everyone who I work with now is so sweet!"

"That sounds wonderful darling." My mom's voice disappeared from the phone for a second to talk to someone else, then she continued.

"Have you found a place to live?"

"I've been looking around at a couple, trying to find one in the best area, so the search is going well."

"Good, good. Everything seems to be going great." My mom then paused, and continued.

"How have you been...feeling?" she asked with caution.

"I feel fine. Very anxious and a little overwhelmed, but everything seems to be going smoothly, for the most part," I assured her.

"For the most part," he repeated. "Find any cute boys?"

"Mom," I moaned in despair.