•FIVE•

As they arrived all heads turned to the pair. Conscious shifted, suddenly uncomfortable at the attention again. Anytime she was near Tom everyone looked.

Slughorn looked at the two with a wide smile. "Don't you look amazing together!"

Tom smirked, before moving to the seats in the middle. They had sat together next to the other eight students, three Ravenclaw, two Hufflepuff and three Gryffindor.

"Conscious." Slughorn said smiling. "Why don't we start off this dinner with you since you are new."

She looked up, feeling once again all eyes on her. "I suppose, how do I start?"

"Tell us about your family darling, I'm rather curious about the way you learned." He explained.

She was hesitate at first. "My mother had always taught me, generation from generation it's a tradition in my village to be taught the best." She said. "I started learning when I was five and been taught everything really till I was ten then just practiced and mastered almost all spells and such."

"Rather impressive my dear. You mother taught you well you certainly are very bright." Slughorn gushed. "I'd love for you to show me some of those skills one day perhaps."

She nodded with a smile. "Of course sir."

The night was spent with the other students talking about their summer. Across the table a Ravenclaw boy had been staring at Conscious for most of the night. At times she caught him staring and simply rolling her eyes in response. She wasn't the only one to notice the boy looking at her, Tom as well had seen.

For some odd reason it made him feel something, perhaps jealously? But he couldn't quit say.

"Conscious what does your name mean, I've never heard such a unique kind of name." The Ravenclaw asked.

"It has no meaning." She replied picking at the dessert, looking up slightly.

"Well there must be a reason behind naming you."

"No there really isn't." She stated getting rather annoyed.

"Where does the name Conscious come from then?" He pushed.

Tom had held a nasty look towards John the whole time but no one had seemed to notice. He was a mudblood , and a pathetic excuse of one, causing more feelings to give him.

"I don't even know your name." Conscious huffed out.

The Ravenclaw sent her a smile. "John, John Evens"

"Well, John Evens, I would appreciate it you not speaking to me." She smiled back before returning back to her dessert.

Johns face flushed red while other students at the table snickered- including Tom.

The clock struck ten which meant the dinner was over. Slughorn thanked them all as they left. The two Slytherins walked side by side towards their house.

"Wait." She muttered. Tom sighed loudly and stopped as the girl took off her heels.

He's brows knotted together. "What in Merlin's name are you doing?"

"Taking my heels off?" She questioned. She stood back up and continued to walk looking over her shoulders calling Tom to join her.