Chapter 1 - Worst Night Ever... Well Kinda...

Right so this is my first ever fanfic, Hopefully you'll like it..... :)

I tipped my head back, letting the vodka slip down my throat, burning it slightly, I slammed the shot glass back down on the counter and turned to my best friend Chloe who was doing the same. ‘I’m going to go and dance,’ she said, slurring her speech slightly, my queue to stop drinking before I was drunk as well. When I went out with Chloe I always ended up being the sensible one. I watched as she made her way through the people to the dance floor, immediately locking lips with a total stranger. I asked the man at the bar for a diet coke and paid him the money before going to sit on a chair, keeping a watchful eye on my friend. ‘What’s a pretty girl like you doing sitting alone?’ a deep voice grumbled. I snapped my head round to see a middle aged man holding a beer in his hand, smirking at me. I swallowed hard ‘go away,’ I said, trying to sound confident, when actually I was anything but. ‘Come on, come and dance?’ he said ‘No,’ I said, my voice wavering a little too much. His sweaty hand took hold of my wrist and he pulled me out of my seat, causing me to spill my diet coke all over my dress. ‘Get off me!’ I shouted at him, but it was too loud and he couldn’t hear. Either that or he was deliberately ignoring me, either was possible I suppose. Suddenly I realised we had passed the dance floor, the bright green EXIT sign coming into view. I felt tears prick at my eyes. ‘Get off me!’ I shouted once again, he pulled me outside, the cold air hitting me like a brick in the face and making me shiver. The man pressed me up against a wall, his face edging closer to mine. ‘Get off me now! Stop! Please!’ I shouted at him as his lips attacked my neck, his hand running up under my dress. ‘Oi! Leave her alone!’ someone shouted, their accent was much like Chloe’s, they must be from Yorkshire like her. The next thing I knew, the man was being pulled off me and punched in the face by one guy whilst another appeared in front of me ‘are you okay?’ he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded as a tear rolled down my cheek. ‘Yeah I’ll be fine,’ I spluttered, the next thing I knew I was being pulled into a warm, comforting hug. Inhaling the scent of my mystery saviour. He smelt good, must be rich to be able to afford to smell this good I thought to myself. ‘He’s gone,’ the other voice, also a Yorkshire accent, informed us. I pulled out of the hug. ‘Thanks,’ I said, looking up, gulping as I saw who were stood in front of me. Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik. ‘Do you want a lift home?’ Louis asked, scratching the back of his neck. I shook my head ‘my friend’s in there, I should probably be keeping an eye on her,’ I laughed nervously. ‘If you’re sure?' Zayn asked, I nodded, shivering slightly. ‘At least take this,’ Louis said, shrugging off his denim jacket and handing it to me. I took it from him and smiled ‘You sure?’ I asked him. He nodded and hugged me once again. ‘See you around,’ he said, walking off with Zayn who gave me a wave as he departed. I pulled the jacket over my shoulders and made my way inside, my eyes searching around for Chloe. I spotted her, at the bar once again. ‘Chloe, let’s go,’ I said, approaching her. She turned to look at me and stuck out her bottom lip. ‘Why so soon?’ she asked me. ‘Because I have my new job starting tomorrow and I can’t leave you behind,’ I said sharply, pulling Chloe off the bar stool and dragging her out of the club despite her protests.

‘Ow my head,’ Chloe complained, dragging herself down the stairs. I laughed as I pulled on my brown gladiator sandals. ‘I need to be going, paracetemol in the cupboard above the sink in the kitchen,’ I told her. She smiled gratefully at me. ‘We still meeting up for lunch?’ she asked me I nodded. ‘Yeah, pizza express at 1:30,’ I said smiling. Chloe nodded and mumbled a goodbye into my shoulder as I left our apartment and walked briskly to my new office. This was my first job since leaving school. I was working for a teenage magazine, doing the celebrity gossip side of things. I was really looking forward to it and couldn’t wait to get started. The warm summer air made me smile to myself as I walked through London, passing the Hollister store, the picture outside showed a guy and a girl, both only visible from their waist to their necks. I felt a pang of jealousy as I recognised the girl as Chloe. The famous Hollister shoot that she had been going on about for weeks. I weaved through all the people, all on their way to work. Soon enough I was at the magazine headquarters. I pushed open the glass door and stepped inside, pleased of the air conditioning in the building.  I ran lightly up the stairs to the first floor. I recognised Jane who was sat at one of the computers, she had shown me round earlier that week. ‘Oh hello love,’ she said, smiling warmly at me. ‘Your desk is beside mine, if you need anything, just ask,’ she said. ‘Thank you,’ I replied, seating myself at the desk next to her own. There was a post it note stuck to my computer screen, I read the neatly scrawled writing, the black ink standing out on the pink background. First interview in interview room no.4 at 9:30, question sheets are saved in the shared area under ‘Questions’. Imaginative, I thought to myself, I probably could have figured the last bit out by myself. I glanced at the clock on the computer to see that it was already 9:20. ‘Jane,’ I asked, whilst logging in and finding the required document. ‘Where’s interview room number 4?’ I asked, sending the document to the printer. ‘Out that door, down the corridor and turn left,’ she said smiling. I nodded and grabbed the questions from the printer and made my way out of the door and down the corridor. Turning left I saw that the rooms were numbered. 1, 2, 3 and 4. I pushed open the door to number 4.

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed the first part, please comment! :) xox