Fake a Smile and Flirt A Little [Taylor]

Chapter Two - Fake a Smile and Flirt A Little [Taylor]

            I impatiently tap my foot as I lean outside of his class room door. This is going to be the death of me. I’m a freshman who rolls this school and people admire, what the hell will they think when they see me with him? I shiver at the thought. Finally the bell rings alerting us to the end of another long day. He steps out the door and with books in his arm. “Hey!” I fake squeal. Come on, Taylor you have to do this! You need the money! My brain is telling me cause me to give John my best fake smile and trust me fake smiles come so easy to me. Hell, every day I fake a smile or a laugh or say ‘I’m okay’.

           John’s face looks like he is seeing a ghost. Oh shit maybe he’s one those nerds who don’t like me!? Think Taylor! Think! My brain yells while he just stares at me in shock I think. “Are you John Sparks? The head of the Student Body and other clubs and organizations?” I ask, my voice coming out breathlessly because I am trying think quick, but luckily it sounds flirtatious. He stares at me for another minute and I try to keep an annoyed look from showing on my face. Finally he speaks!

           “Yes, how did you know my name?” he deep, almost kind of hot voice says in what seems like shock.

           “You’re famous, idiot! Well, can I get a ride home with you?” I ask turning on the charm. Do I honestly need a ride home? No, hell if I did I have a lot of other people I can ask. I am doing this so that I can start work on my plan. He has braces? How’d did I not know that? He stares at me again and it’s starting get creepy.

         Does he not know how to speak? Gosh, he’s killing me! He is still staring and finally smile revealing those braces and nods his head yes. I reach up and grab his shoulder dragging him towards the school parking lot.

           “Can you drive me? That would really be very sweet,” I say keeping the act up and giving him a lopsided smile.

           He opens the door to his car really wide for me and I slip right in still keeping my fake smile on my face. He gets in and starts the car revving the engine. He’s kind of cute and a year or two older. He even has swag about his movement. As we pull up to turn off of the school parking lot he asks, “So where’s your house?” he asks and his voice sends chills through me.

         My house! Like hell we were going my house! I can live without anyone ever seeing my place or meeting my ‘family’. “Can we go somewhere besides my house? Can I visit your house?” I ask but honestly I am not going take no as an answer so I give him my puppy dog eyes.

           We pull in front of a nice house it looks so homey. It just gave off the feeling of a warm and happy home and that’s something I haven’t felt in almost two years. He softly knocks on the door and it swings open revealing a beautiful, happy looking brown haired women. She sees me and instantly a smile spreads on her face and it made me actually want to really smile back.

           “Oh, you’re bringing a girl tonight for a dinner? That would be great, I cooked dinner. What a good timing John! I roasted some turkey and peeled some potatoes for it to be mashed,” she says happily and looks at me. How can this women talk so much and her son is so dang quiet. “Which do you prefer? Mashed potatoes or French fries? I would be willing to cook it for you!”  She adds looking at me with a sweet motherly look.

            Not having to go home and cook my own dinner, sounds great to me. “I would love to! Thank you so much, I’m Taylor Anderson. And to answer your question, I love mashed potatoes way better than French fries. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!” I say as I smile at her. I feel John’s eyes staring at me.

            “It’s nice to meet you Taylor! I’m Clarita Sparks!” His mom says as she wraps me into a tight quick hug. “Come on dears, dinner’s ready,” she says and leads me into a dining room where dinner is on the table. I can feel John following behind me.

            “Taylor, do you need to call home?” Clarita asks as we sit down, John is still being crazy quiet, which I’m not used to that from guys.

            “No, they won’t mind,” I say with a small smile. It’s not that they won’t mind it’s that they don’t care. I could go missing and they wouldn’t notice.

            We begin eating in a warm silence and John keeps glancing up at me. His mom is eating with a large happy smile on her face. Wow, I’m not use to this at all no arguing and fighting it’s so peaceful. “So Taylor, what do your parents do?” Clarita asks and I know I let a little sadness show on my face before I could capture it with a smile.

            “Um, they died almost two years ago,” I say softly looking down at my food so I can maintain my composure.

            “Oh! I am so sorry dear!” she says give me that horrible sympathetic look. I hate that look!

            “It’s ok,” I say looking up and catching eye contact with John. His eyes said what his mouth didn’t he was sorry. I am so glad he didn’t say it though.

            After dinner I look at John with a smile. “Can you take me home?” I ask trying turn on my flirting again. His mom went to clean the kitchen.

            He stares at me for a second. “Sure,” he says and his deep voice gives me chills. I follow him out his front door after thanking and saying bye to his mom. I watch as we walk to the car and I see his muscles through his shirt. Since when do nerds have some muscle, I thought they were supposed to be sticks.

            He opens the door really wide for me and allows me to slide in and then he shuts the door heading to his side and gets in. We drive away. “So where do you live?” he asks and his voice still gets to me.

            “Just keep going straight then take a left and then a right, it’s the third house down,” I say with a smile and John just nods. Gosh does he speak?! I am starting to get annoyed.

            Halfway to my house he finally speaks. “I’m sorry about your parents,” he says and I just shrug my shoulders. His voice is so hot I love it!

            “It’s ok,” I say as we near my house. We finally pull up in front of my little run down, sad looking house. “Thanks for the ride and dinner and letting me come to your house,” I say with a smile.

            “You’re welcome,” he says smiling and at the sound of his voice I cannot help but, as I undo my belt, I lean over and kiss his cheek. As I pull away I smile.

            “See you later!” I say and jump out of his car. This will be the easiest thing I have ever done. I walk up to my front door and walk in the smell of liquor and smoke fills my nose.

            I cannot wait until I get those 1,000 dollars! I sneak through the house hoping no one sees me so I don’t get yelled at or called names. I make it successfully up the stair and to my room without being caught. I shut my door and lock it happy that I am in the safety of my room.