Always. ( Harry x Hermione )

A/N: My first fanfiction! I hope you like it. Uh...so..yeah.  Here's the first Chapter. Enjoy and stuff. //

Harry Potter sat on the bus, fingers drumming atop of his lap with anticipation. He was going to be spending the summer at his friend Hermione Granger's house.

The Dursleys were happy to have him out of the house. They even offered to drive him there, but Harry refused. He had enough of them, and who knew how The Dursleys would treat the Grangers when they met?

Harry looked out the window. The sky was gray and cloudy, and rain splattered softly onto the ground. The people hurried down the streets, carrying umbrellas.

Hedwig clicked her beak impatiently.

"I know, Hedwig. But I will let you out soon, I promise. Though, I don't think Hermione's mum fancies owls very much.." Harry said, letting her nibble on his finger.

He had received strange looks because of the odd amount of luggage and choice in pet ever since he gotten onto the bus. It didn't bother Harry, though. He got looks all the time because of who he was: The Boy Who Lived.

Harry let out a rather long yawn and began to drift into a nap.

It was several minutes later when Harry awoke with a jolt as the bus suddenly came to a stop.

He rubbed his eyes wearily before looking out the window. He suddenly felt wide awake.

He was there.

He hurriedly picked up his bags and scurried off of the bus.

The Granger's house was about two stories tall. It was painted a yellowish-tan along with white windows and a black roof.

Harry sighed happily before walking up to the door and knocking with no hesitation whatsoever.

Opening the door was 15 year old Hermione Granger. She seemed to glow once she saw who it was, and threw her arms around his neck.

Harry laughed, hugging her back tightly.

"Oh, Harry, you look awful!" Hermione told him, noticing how tired he looked. He also appeared rather skinny too.

"Gee, thanks," said Harry.

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully. "Need help with your bags?"

"Nah, it's fine." Harry replied, but Hermione didn't take no for an answer.

"Honestly, Hermione --"

"Harry, please. You carried these for long enough, do you honestly think I'll let you carry them for any longer?"

Harry smiled, "Well, er, thanks."

Hermione returned the smile, before brushing a strand of hair out of his face. "Come on. We'll put your things away and then we'll have dinner."

         *

        *

      *

      ** ***

             *

           *

         *

Harry came back downstairs, finally finished unpacking.

"So, you're Harry, huh?" asked Mr. Granger, offering his hand. "Pleasure, Harry."

"Pleasure to meet you too, Sir." Harry replied, smiling and taking his hand.

"Hermione's told us quite a bit about you." said Mrs. Granger.

"Erm, well --"

"You saved her life. Trolls, was it?" said Mr. Granger.

"Yes. Er, but Ron helped too. It wasn't just me, you see." Harry said, feeling rather warm.

"Ah, yes, Ron.." Mr. Granger said, a small frown on his face. "Well, anyway, whether it was just you or not, thank you."

"Right. Er, no problem." Harry said awkwardly.

Mr. Granger nodded before walking into the kitchen.

"Make yourself at home, Harry." Mrs. Granger said with a smile, before joining Mr. Granger in the kitchen.

Harry sat in the living room, his head full of thought.

Did Hermione really say it was him who saved her? Or was Mr. Granger just saying that because he was there, not Ron? And why did he frown at the mention of Ron?

He glanced at the telly. He never was allowed to watch TV before...

"Make yourself at home, Harry."

Harry reached for the remote. His finger pressed the power button hesitantly.

He grinned as he watched the screen turn on.  He surfed through the channels, and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Hey, Harry. What are you doing?" asked an amused voice.

Harry jumped and the remote flew out of his hands. "Blimey, Hermione!"

"Is that...Dora the Explorer?" Hermione asked, a small grin on her face.

"What? No! Yes? Maybe. I don't know!" Harry explained, turning red. "I was Channel surfing. They never let me watch the telly at home so I thought I should try it out. I dunno...Sorry."

Hermione laughed for a while before wrapping her arms around him. "Oh, Harry. You're allowed to watch TV! Whether it's Dora or --"

"I told you I was channel surfing!" Harry said, still red in the face.

Hermione laughed again before unwrapping her arms off of him and grabbing the remote.

"Here, let me show you some good shows. Though, I don't watch a lot of television."

"Is it going to be something educational?"

"...No.."