Cheezey Lines and Crazy 8's

Chapter VII

Time Skip – Provided by the almost-ripped-out screw

                “Bye, Miro-chan!  See you in an hour!”  You watch as Mirosaki goes to Stein’s classroom to serve her detention.

                “Wish me luck.  Dissection doesn’t sound fun.”  Grim dread radiated from her eyes.

                You leave and are outside when you hear footsteps.  You turn to see Kid.  Was he waiting for you?         

                “Hey, (Your Name)-san.”

                “Actually, just (Your Name) is fine.  Formality is for losers.  So what’s up?”

                “I… I just wondered if you wanted me to walk you home, because Mirosaki-chan isn’t able to.”  He stuck his hands in his pockets, trying to look casual.

                “Sounds fun.  It’s a fifteen minute walk from here.”

                He grins.  “Actually, we could take Beelzebub, and be there in five minutes.”

                You know what Beelzebub is, but saying that would make him suspicious.  So, you decide to humor him.  "Beelzebub?  What the fudge is that?"

                “Here, let me show you.”  He reaches out his hand.  Black lightning shoots down it, and a skateboard appears.  “It flies!”

                You know that.  “Um, is it safe?  Falling doesn’t sound particularly fun.”

                He steps on to it and holds out his hand.  “It is if you trust me.”

                You start cracking up, and so does he.  “What kind of cheesy crap was that?”

                “The kind of cheesy crap I see Soul pull all of the time!  But, when he does it, it usually works….”  He goes off into thought while you stand there, trying to keep your laughter under control.

                “So, shall we?” you ask, jumping on the back of Kid’s board.

                He nods, and says, “Off we go.”

                Beelzebub begins to ascend, and you embrace the familiar feeling of flight.  As Kid flies off, you sit on the edge of the board, with your feet dangling.

                 He glances back at you, obviously surprised.  “Um, careful.  I don’t want you to fall.”

                “Pshh, I won’t fall.  Besides, you’d catch me, right?”

                “Well, yes.”  He looks you straight in the eye.  “But you do realize how awkward you sound, right?”

                Realizing what you had said, you avert your gaze.  “Oh, shut up!”

                You and Kid finally make it to yours and Mirosaki’s apartment after an awkward ride that seemed longer than five minutes.

                “So… um… bye, (Your Name),” he says, but looking closely at him tells you that he doesn’t really want to leave.

                “Well, actually Kid, if you want, you could stay awhile.  Maybe play Crazy 8’s.”

                His eyes light up.  “I would love to!”

                As you lead him inside, chuckling, you can almost swear you hear him chanting “8” over and over under his breath.

Time Skip – Provided by Mirosaki’s penny

                Somehow, probably due to his O.C.D., Kid wins the game.

                For another couple hours, the two of you just hang out, talking, and realizing all of your common traits.  Finally, Mirosaki gets home.

                “There you are!” you yell at her.  “Where the H*** were you?”

                She gives a shy smile.  Wait, shy?  Mirosaki?  “I… um… I kind of ran into Black*Star on the way home.  He asked me if I wanted to hang out… so….”  She trails off, not making eye contact.

                “Well, you’re so late, I had to make dinner.” 

                “Oh… I was hoping for something edible.”

                Kid laughs, and Mirosaki realizes his presence.  “Wait, Kid’s here?  Have I missed something?”

                Kid shrugs.  “I have to get home soon.  Patty will start fantasizing about giraffe taming again if I don’t.  Anyways, goodbye, (Your Name), Mirosaki.”  He heads to the door, and just before he leaves, he turns and says, “You know, we’re actually pretty alike, you and I.”  Then he leaves.

                Mirosaki goes to make a real dinner, while you head to your room where you can look out the window to watch Kid walk home.  You reach your arm out, and white lightning shoots down it, followed by a white skate board with black stripes appearing.

                “Oh, Kid… you have no idea how alike we are.”

Woo! 57 reads, as of March 17! Thank you guys so much!  I'll try to update when I can, but please let me know if I've made a grammatical error or have some kind of inconsistency.  Thank you readers!