TWENTY-SEVEN

Bentleigh drove herself to the Cullen residence and walked to the door. Before she could even knock, Renesmee was there to let her in. The young girl smiled up at her with a bright smile, hugging Bentleigh which she returned. The girl noticed Bentleigh was off and pulled away looking at her. "Are you okay? You seem like something's bothering you, Leigh." Ness questioned as they stood by the front door.

"Uh, yeah, everything's fine. Is Jake here? I need to talk to him about something." Bentleigh asked making Renesmee nod before running off.

There was movement around the upstairs level. Soon someone was walking down the stairs top the first level of the house. Bentleigh stopped pacing and looked up to see Jacob walking over to her. As he stood in front of her, she wrapped him in a hug as he stood there not responding.

Slowly he returned the embrace and Bentleigh let out breath she didn't know she was holding in. After a while, the two let go of one another.

"I'm sorry." They said in unison. "What? Why are you sorry? We really need to quit doing this." They stopped talking and both laughed at one another. Shrugging her shoulders, their laughter had died down a bit. He suggested going on a walk around the property so they could talk.

You see, with their relationship we can never stay mad at one another for very long. Although Bentleigh does believe this is the longest they've gone without forgiving each other. As the two walked it was quite, nothing was said while they enjoyed one another's company like they normally did.

"So how is everything going with you-know-who?" Jacob questioned her finally.

"Lord Voldemort is dead you dingus." Bentleigh joked making Jake chuckle.

"This isn't the time for your Harry Potter jokes, Leigh." Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay, you're right. Sorry," she replied making him chuckle again. "But in all seriousness, everything is as okay as it's going to be. Seth's fine about him being there and thankfully he is leaving soon. A little upset that Lottie and Parker are leaving when Maverick is but they're coming back for Christmas." She informed Jake.

He nodded as a silence fell back over the two of them. After walking through the forest for a couple of hours they decided to start making their way back as a thought popped into Bentleigh's head. "Just a thought, but if there are two different packs, who's pack would I be in since Seth's in yours?" She asked.

"That depends."

"On what?"

"If Sam and I want out the two packs back together again. If he does, I'll step down and he can be Alpha over everyone. If he doesn't, we'll remain the way we are now. Which isn't totally a bad thing we have going on. But I have to talk to Sam first."

"Sounds like a lot." Bentleigh shook her head, blowing air out of her mouth making her cheeks puff out a bit. "I'm making dinner for everyone tonight if you wanna come. You can bring Ness of you want." She suggested looking in his direction.

"I will ask, not promising anything though." Jacob said with a small chuckle at the end.

"Great! See you in a bit then." Bentleigh gave him a quick hug before going to her car and making her way to the store.

****

Driving the thirty minutes back to the house from the store, Bentleigh hummed along to the music playing on the radio. Liking the quiet she got when she was alone.

When she pulled into the driveway, Bentleigh was met outside by Seth, Quil, Nova, and Embry. Grabbing her bag from the passenger seat, she took the keys from the ignition and climbed out going to the boot of her car. Unlocking it, she pushed it up and grabbed the grocery bags with the help of Quil and Embry.

"What'd you get for dinner?" Nova asked after stopping Embry to look through the bags.

They all laughed at her as another car pulled up into the driveway behind Bentleigh's car. Turning around, she saw Sam's truck. He got out and walked around to Emily's opened door and helped her get out. Bentleigh waved at the two of them in her best attempt making Emily giggle.

They all walked inside and made their way to the kitchen. Setting everything down on the island, Bentleigh started going through the bags as Emily sat down watching her.

"How are you feeling?" She questions the pregnant woman.

Emily nodded, "Tired, this whole being pregnant thing takes a toll on you, I love it though. But other than that I'm good," She smiles happily. "How are you feeling?"

"A little upset honestly, Lottie and Parks leave tomorrow morning. Me, Seth, Embry, and Nova are taking them to the airport. But between you and me, I'm happy the awkwardness is going with them once Maverick's gone." Bentleigh whispered the last part to her.

Emily made a pitiful face at Bentleigh as the younger woman walked around the kitchen getting down some bowls and a chopping board. She took out the things to make the salad and started cutting up the cucumbers. As she finished, Bentleigh put it in the bowl before mixing it all together. Emily watched her with an amused grin. Glancing over in Emily's direction, the light grin she gave Bentleigh turned into a wide smile. Giving Emily a confused expression, the woman smiled wider. If that was even possible at that moment.

"What?" Bentleigh quizzed cocking a brow up at her friend.

"You seem so happy right now. What's going on with you?" Emily scrunched her brows in confusion.

"I guess I'm just content right now," Bentleigh shrugged. "I don't know, Em. It's not just because Maverick is leaving, but I figure that's helping my mood a little bit I guess." Bentleigh replied making Emily chuckle.

"You always find something good in something bad. Why is that?" She questioned making the younger girl shrug as she continued to cook.

A/N:

I know short chapter that was pretty much shit. But I've got something big planned. Meaning you gotta hang in there with me for a little while. I will update as soon as possible. But until next time ✌