4) The Date

"Sooooo..." Lily started the following day during our lab in Physics.

"So what?" I asked innocently.

"What happened to you and my brother last night in the kitchen?" she asked pointedly.

"What are you talking about? Nothing happened."

"No need to get defensive about it!"

"I'm not, I just don't know why it's such a big deal."

"I know my brother and he seems happier than usual today, so I was wondering if any magic happened," Lily explained.

"I got his number, but that's it and we texted this morning, but only for a little bit," I said.

"Then he must really  like you because he doesn't give his number to just any  girl," Lily told me.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens," I said simply as we I began to clean up our lab. I had my hopes up as I headed into History, but my smile turned upside down when I saw Melissa talking to Skylar. I tried to act like I was oblivious to the world and took out the necessary items I needed for class today. Skylar seemed to be enjoying talking to her, but then what guy wouldn't she was sitting on his desk with her legs crossed, showing off her perfect legs in her short skirt and low lined shirt.

"That's awesome! I'm sure your parents are very proud of you," Melissa smiled.

"They sure are! They're actually taking me to that new miniature golf place that just opened up," he told her.

"Oh really? Is that the one that has all of the fun rides and stuff to?"

"Yes! I heard they're go karts run so smoothly and you get like a ten minute ride instead of five."

"Oh wow! Are they going to let you bring any friends by chance?" she asked.

"I'll bet if I asked they would since they're paying for the day pass," Skylar assumed.

"Did you have anyone in mind?"

"I always take Chris to everything, but this time I was thinking I should bring someone special."

"I would be flattered if you let me come along," she flashed a flirty smile, winked, and positioned herself so her cleavage would hang out more than it already was. I rolled my eyes and started on the class opener question.

"I don't know, I kind of already had someone else in mind," Skylar shot her down. I couldn't help but smile when I heard the gasps of her minions, but then the conversation never continued. I looked up to see the four of them staring at me.

"What? Shouldn't you guys be doing the class opener or putting makeup on or something?" I asked them. Candice and Holly glanced at each other and Melissa gave me a disapproving look.

"What do you say Anna, are you in?" Skylar asked.

"Of course, I would love to go," I joyfully accepted his offer.

"Sweet! I'll pick you up tomorrow at 5:30, dinner included." Melissa sat there is shock and her friends, not wanting to deal with her moody attitude started the assignment as well.

"Ms. Harrington! You know darn well that I don't let students sit on desks in my classroom and please, pull that shirt up. Nobody needs to see that and certainly not while here at school!" our History scolded. Some of my class mates tried hard to stifle their laughter. Melissa got off the desk but stood her ground and crossed her arms.

"And why can't I wear my shirt like this Mrs. Washington? Nobody else seems to have a problem with it," she challenged.

"I'm afraid for that you can have detention and I'm sending you to the dean to be dress coded," the teacher shot back. Everyone laughed as she huffed and stalked to the door, slamming it on her way out, looking like she was about to cry. Holly stood up to follow her friend, but Mrs. Washington raised her voice.

"SIT DOWN Ms. Richardson! You're immature little friend is more than capable of taking care of her own problems." Holly frowned as she slunk back down in her seat. I gave her an apologetic look to which she only glared.

"What happened to you?" Lily asked, opening the door.

"Um, I'm going on a date with your brother or did you not know?"

"OMG! He really did ask you! Congrats! But seriously?" she gestured to my outfit. "That necklace has got to go, it totally doesn't match."

"I don't know what I'm doing or what to wear or what to say. I mean, what if I make a fool of myself or say something out of line?" I spoke hurriedly.

"You're going to be fine, just be yourself and remember all that fantastic advice I gave you a few weeks ago," Lily reassured me.

"Ok," I said, taking a deep breath.

"You ready to go?" Skylar asked coming down the stairs.

"Yep." He was a gentleman and opened his car door for me before getting in on the other side.

"So, where do you wanna go for dinner?" he asked.

"Is Sonic ok? I really love their shakes," I asked.

"Of course! Tonight is all about you and making sure that we have fun," he smiled. Our date went really well and we took several funny selfies of us eating and making silly faces. I couldn't wait to see Skylar again tomorrow and to tell Lily all about how amazing her brother is.