Chapter 14: Chunin Exams: Part 1

I tightened my bandage and walked over to my team. "Hey," I said, putting up my hand in a lazy wave. Naruto's smile beamed back at me. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at me, and Sakura... Something was wrong with Sakura.

"Hey, Sakura." I bumped her with my shoulder.

"U-Uh, yeah?" I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

Her eyes widened then she waved her hands dismissively. "N-Nothing! Nothing! It's nothing..."

My frown deepened, but I decided to let her go.

"Well," Naruto said, putting his hands on his hips. "What are we waiting for?!" He walked right through the door as if he owned the place. I chuckled and walked in behind him, Sakura and Sasuke behind me.

The many heartbeats in this one place overwhelmed me. I grunted in pain and clutched my head. It felt like I had a major migraine, all the heartbeats beating and echoing in my head.

"Hibiki, are you alright?" I clutched my head harder and didn't answer until I got used to the rhythm of the echoes.

I let go and gave Sakura a weak smile. "Yeah, fine."

We walked up right as a girl with two buns was punched by... a mini Kotetsu? They even put a crappy genjutsu on the sign of room 201.

"You think this is a joke? Chunin get chosen to lead missions. The lives of your squad members are in your hands. Delicate little girls don't belong here."

I walked up in front of the girl and raised my eyebrow at the two. "Oh really? Says the two that merely guard the gates almost everyday." They sweat-dropped when they saw me.

"Nothing ever gets past you, Hibiki." Smoke covered them as they undid the transformation jutsu and genjutsu.

Almost everyone gasped as their true forms were revealed. Everyone except my team of course.

"Hibiki is amazing at discovering genjutsu and transformation jutsu. She's great at sensing others too. Along with Sakura, our brains." Sasuke walked up beside me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," came a voice. I turned towards the girl that Kotetsu had punched. "Thanks." She put her hand on my shoulder as a boy with weird hair in a bowl-cut pulled her up.

*FLASHBACK*

Tenshi-Sensei put her hand on my shoulder and looked over at the piece of paper on my desk. "You can't think of one person?"

I shook my head with a sigh. "No... I can't think of anyone to put as reason one."

Tenshi-Sensei put her hand over mine, saying, "May I?" I nodded my head and let her move my hand. She wrote her own name in slot one.

A smile lit up my face. "I didn't even think of that! Sorry Tenshi-Sensei!" She pat my head and began to walk out my room.

"And, hey, you don't even have to fill in every spot now. You could meet others later."

*FLASHBACK END*

I grabbed her by the wrist and flipped her over my shoulder.

"Hibiki?!"

I leant on my knees and tried to calm my breathing.

It's not her, it's not her, it's not her, it's not her, it's not her, it's not her, it's not her.

"It's not her." Someone pushed me from behind. It sounded like Neji, but I'm not sure. So many heartbeats were pounding my skull. Her face flashed across my vision.