Adorably Tiny

Jason McCann

We sat out on the lawn in silence and the only thing that you could hear was the sound of the walkers growling and the rattle of the gates being shook as they tried to get to us, but obviously they can't break down a steel gate, well not a small group of them anyway.

It was like we didn't need words to communicate with each other, we knew how the other felt, we felt comfortable in each others presence and there were not any awkward silences between us, not even for one second. 

I still had my arm wrapped over his shoulders and he was now resting his head on my own shoulder, leaning into my side with his soft hair tickling my neck and his arm was around my waist loosely, this was a really comfortable position. 

When he kissed my cheek, I felt my stomach bubble with something unfamiliar to me, so I just ignored the feeling, but I couldn't help the smile from crawling onto my face from it because it was a feeling I would not mind having again and again. 

I have never allowed myself to cry in front of anyone but my brother, so I am confused as to why I let myself cry in front of someone I have only met today, it's weird how we are so comfortable around each other, not only with the teasing, but also just sitting so close to each other and talking. 

It feels like we have known each other for years, but I don't know anything about him really. 

"Justin?" I questioned softly, not wanting to ruin the silence by speaking too loud.

"Hmm?" He hummed, slightly looking up at me with those big caramel eyes.

"Tell me about yourself?" I asked and he lifted his head off of my shoulder to look at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you want to know?" He giggled. 

"Anything, how old are you?" I looked at him with a small smile, "Eighteen, you?" He raised his eyebrow curiously, "Twenty and wow really? I thought you were younger than that with your little baby face and how tiny you are." I chuckled, but he moved away from me crossing his arms over his chest and had a pout on his face with his eyes wide like a puppy.

I chuckled even more, he looks absolutely adorable. 

"I am not tiny and I don't have a baby face, look." He stated, pointing to his face as if I was meant to seeing something different than I already. 

"What am I looking at?" I snorted.

"I have a sharp jawline, you wouldn't have that with a baby face it would be round and look I have a moustache growing." He said pointing at his upper lip.  

I leaned forward to look and started laughing as I saw the little peach fuzz he was carrying around proudly, he's such a weirdo.

"Ok, maybe-" I paused and he nodded in accomplishment, "But you're still tiny." I cackled.

Justin looked at me and frowned, "I am not." He whined lifting his top up and pointing towards his torso that I had already had an amazing glimpse of earlier on. 

"Look, I have abs," He used his pointer finger pointing at each one, "Six to be exact," I was laughing through all of this because he was still carrying a pout and after each word he spoke it seemed to become deeper. 

"And I have big muscles," He said lifting his sleeve up and flexing his arms, I was laying on the floor laughing my ass off now, this kid. 

"Hey-" He whined, crawling over to me and sitting on my lower stomach with his hands either side of my head, "I am not tiny," He pouted at me, "Can you say sorry and I'll forgive you?" He questioned like a six year old.