Chapter 27 - The Evil Trio

We debated for a long time before we chose who would be going to the Forbidden Forest to put the cameras in place. Wizards were needed for security purposes, of course. We also couldn't be too many because we didn't want to bring attention to our group, either from people at Hogwarts or from the different creatures living in the forest. We were a little worried about the Centaurs because we didn't want to go in their territory and disrespect them by moving anything from their area, which the meeting place is very near it.

Nathan and Luke were the ones chosen for the job, along with Mr. Snape and Hagrid. Hagrid knows the forest like the back of his hand, so it was a given he was going to come with our brothers and Mr. Snape. They weren't gone long. They placed the cameras in a couple of trees and Mr. Snape magically hid them to be sure Professor Lambert and the two people he was going to meet wouldn't realize they were being filmed or feel like there was something suspicious.

I didn't notice how tense I was until they all came back and a sigh escaped me. My shoulders relaxed and I could finally breathe more evenly. Looking at the monitors, we all hope this will be quick. North has been following Sang everywhere, grumbling about getting her out of here as quickly as possible and then take her parents down, but Dumbledore told us the safest place for her to be is Hogwarts. At least, for now. I can't wait for this nightmare to be over. Sang has so much courage and is always assuring us that she's fine, smiling at us like nothing is wrong, but we know better. We know she's scared. Her mother is one seriously deranged woman and her father is no better for not doing anything to protect Sang or stopping this insanity. 

As we watch the professor appear on the monitors, we all get closer and tense with anticipation. Mr. Lambert's parrot arrives and transforms into an average height man who looks suspiciously like Sang. He looks almost confident until, to our disbelief, the little girl Sang has been hanging out with makes her appearance next to the man and Mr. Lambert. Her facial features start changing and as she becomes a little taller, I stop breathing for a second in complete shock. 

Everything about this woman is giving me the chills. Her pale, almost white face, her black eyes and hair and her long and bony fingers are reminding me more of a creature than a human being. Is she a vampire or a human? She can't be a vampire if she can change her appearance like that. She must be a witch. I have a weird feeling about her. Gabriel decides to put the volume up so we can hear what the three villains are talking about. Whatever it is, it isn't good.

" For the love of Merlin, can you quit acting like a wimp, Jacques? Sometimes I wonder why I married you. Oh, yes. The money. That's why. Now that our daughter apparently got it from your parents, I don't know if I should keep you around. Oh, well. We wouldn't want you to rat me out, don't we? "

" Th-thank you for n-not sending me to the t-traitors of our race, Prude. "

" Don't call me that, you piece of useless wizard! Say my whole name or don't call me anything at all! "