Die For Something Beautiful

"You'll never find all the things you want
Breaking free from the chains that haunts you
They will haunt you
From the watergates to the break of dawn
Keep finding the things that turn me on
Turning me on
We walk the transit streets
Until you find me
Until we finally met
And I'll say that
You got to die for something beautiful
Diamonds break our aching minds
Elegance is turning us sober."

Em: I miss you too.

I sighed and held the phone to my chest. I'm not even mad at him anymore. I know hes right. I have to get help. I can't see him until I do. I'm gonna go to LA and I'm gonna get help.

I didn't reply to him. I went to sleep. It wasn't all that pleasant. I had my usual recurring nightmares because Emerson wasn't here but I had to be here with Raven. The next morning the doctor had come in. As he spoke to Raven he woke me up.

I opened my eyes and listened to what he had to say. He said that we could leave today with her if we wanted to. The adoption was already finalized. We had to stay in TX until Bryan was tried which would be in a few days. I was going to testify, and so was Raven.

The doctor signed the discharge papers. Rose was apparently already here and I just didn't notice her. I went into the bathroom and i changed my clothing. Rose had went to Bryan's house and got all of Raven's stuff. She changed into new clothes. Raven was so beautiful. She definitely got all of the good genes. They wheeled her down to Rose's car and they gave her crutches. We all got into the car and we were off to Dallas.

**********Skip to March 25th***********

It has been over a month since I've seen my best friend and Palaye Royale. Me and Emerson text every now and then. I've been focusing on bettering myself.

We live in LA now. The trial was held and I testified and so did Raven. She didn't have to but she chose to and she was so brave and I was proud of her. Bryan Vega was put behind bars for a grand total of 30 years. Fifteen for the each of us is how our lawyer described it.

Rose bought a house five miles away from Palaye's house. Rose really wanted to see Ray but she knew where she went the boys went usually and she knew I didn't wanna see any of them until I'm fixed. I have been sober for over a month. I still smoke weed here and there and cigs but I'm completely done with alcohol. April 10th Palaye Royale is going on tour with Good Charlotte and i have been invited. I would love to. I think I'll be ready by then too.

Raven is being home schooled. I couldn't bear the thought of High school for her after everything she's been through. She loves Rose though. she said she reminds her of her real mother that died not too long ago.

I go to AA meetings and everyday Raven is my reminder of why I'm doing this. Me and her went through so much shit and it was all caused by alcohol. I never ever wanted to drink another drop of it .

Raven loved LA. She thought it was her heaven on earth by the way she talked about it to her friends back in San Antonio. Yes she left her friends but it was all her call about the move and she wanted to.

I heard Emerson's ringtone go off and I answered the call hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Hey. So I was wondering if you were interested in possibly meeting me for lunch tomorrow?" I froze.

"I-um. Sure?"

"Ok I'll pick you up at 12." We hung up and I automatically regretted everything. Fuck my life man. Am I even ready? I called Ray.