Chapter 1

Carter POV.

I slammed my locker door and he appeared behind it. "I'm SOO not in the mood for your games right now Lucas",I say as I walk past him.

And like always, he follows.

"I want you to go on a date with me", he says smiling. We go through this everyday he asks me out I say no, the next day same routine.

This is the thirty third time I've said no.

"Lucas we go through this everyday, no", I say as I continue walking away."But why?", Lucas asks when he catches up to me. "Because I just don't want to, you're apart of the soccer team and I'm, well, me", I say as I keep trying to ignore his eyes burning holes into the side of my head."But I like you", when he says that I stop abruptly and look up at him.

He's so tall compaired to me, I have to crane my neck just to look up at him.

I was about to say something, but just decided against it and walked away.

"You know one day you're gonna say yes!", he yells to me as I open one of the school doors. "In your dreams weirdo!",I yell back. "In my dreams you've said yes thirty three times!", he yelled back.

I can't even lie that comment kinda made me blush. "Yeah, whatever!", I cant believe im standing in this hallway yelling a private conversation out loud. But its after school anyway so no one is really here. "Come on, just tell me what can I do to make you say yes?", he yells back.

"I dont know suprise me", I yell back. Before I turn around I see his face spread into a huge grin.

I walked to my car and opened the door.

I pulled out my phone and texted my friend Megan to hurry the hell up before she got left.

When she got in the car she smiled at me like I just won the lottery. "What?!", I yell. "Your face is red, your face is never red, do my eyes decieve me? or have you been blushing?", she winked at me.

That made me blush even more.

"Omigod you were, sweet baby jesus someone has finally had the privilage to make my bestie blush!", she yells out the open car window. I roll up the window. "Can you not!?", I yell at her as I pull out of the parking space.

When I drive past the front doors of the school I see Lucas and he sees me.

He smiles and waves at me and I stick my tounge out at him and wave. He laughs.

"I think I know who made you blush", Megan says beside me and I almost forgot she was even here.

When I look at her she smirks at me and wiggles her eyebrows. Here goes the questioning.

The whole drive to her house was filled with questions and laughs. When we finally get to her house I drop her off and she tells me she is going to pick me up tomorrow for school. We take turns.

When I get home I drop my backpack on the floor and follow the aroma coming from the kitchen.

"Hey mom, hey dad, and hey cutie!", I say as I walk in. Cassie runs and jumps into my arms, I call her cutie because well, she's a cutie.

"Hey Carty",she says as she wraps her small little arms around my neck. "How was your day at school?", I ask her smiling. "It was good we had recess and I had cookies at lunch and I know what seven plus nine is!", she said talking a mile a minute. She's in kindergarten, it's adorable!

"Ok you two your father and I are going out tonight so we cooked you both some chicken Alfredo ok?", my mom said.

"Hey mom do you think Megan can come over and spend the night tonight and we can go to school together in the morning PLEEEAAASS?", I beg.