#WhichWeaponWednesday

I already wrote a chapter on weapons when I was completely unaware that this prompt existed...sorry...

For the zombie apocalypse, there are several options in the way of weaponry to fight off the brain-thirsty hordes. Before I share my favorite zombie-fighting weapon with you, I'm going to list a few other weapons and why I would NOT use them.

I enjoy shooting guns, don't get me wrong. However, in the case of an apocalypse of any sort, our current firearms just don't cut it. First, this is probably where most survivors' minds would jump - after all, not much packs a punch like a gun. For this reason, guns and ammo would be hard to come by, which would mean severely conserving bullets. Furthermore, guns must be cleaned every so often or else they simply stop working, and there are no gun-cleaning supplies found naturally. On the note of not working, if a gun gets jammed, it's unlikely that you have the know-how to fix it - and a jammed gun can explode! Finally, guns are LOUD. It doesn't matter what type of gun you use - if you're using an honest-to-god gun and not something like a BB gun, it's going to be very noticeable.

If I enjoy guns, I am in love with archery. However, even though I adore bows, I would still not use them as my weapon of choice in the case of the zombie apocalypse. First off, if you're not a legit superhero, you're going to miss occasionally, perhaps even often. And while said superheroes make it look easy to nock and fire an arrow in seconds, hitting your intended target dead on, this is totally not the case. Not only will you likely not be able to find the thin, small arrow amidst plants if you're shooting in nature, but you won't have time to accurately shoot before the zombie's upon you. Next, bows must be adjusted to your strength, arrows must fit your bows, and bows must occasionally have maintenance work done on them. During the apocalypse, this is fairly impossible.

If I were to choose one ultimate weapon for the zombie apocalypse, it would certainly be the blade. There are several reasons why the blade is the superior zombie-fighting weapon. First, any hunting blade would do, although something along the lines of a sword would be the best. After all, if you're fighting that close to a frantic zombie, it doesn't make much difference how long your blade is. Second, as long as you have a stone and water to wet it with, you can sharpen a blade. Since these are both found in nature, it wouldn't mean risking life and limb raiding a dangerous hunting store. Third and finally, I would stay as far away from the zombies as possible, living as deep into nature as I could get and still have a building to live in. Since I would be avoiding anywhere where human-like creatures would roam, it wouldn't matter from what range I can attack things. The only area where I would prefer one of the two above weapons over blades is hunting, and traps are always an option

Therefore, for my weapon of choice during the zombie apocalypse, I would readily choose the blade over all other forms of weaponry.