Day 5

• Dedicated to to all who supported secret santa!

December 16, Friday

Exactly two minutes and 30 seconds left before I meet my mysterious secret santa.

Mrs. Finley arranged our chairs into a circular position. People started to fill in the chairs. I was seated right beside the window and behind my chair is the painting that I made for Chad. It was covered in multiple layers of tracing paper and I decided to put a small Christmas card on top of the wrapping to indicate my greetings and my name.

I scanned the room to look for possibilities. I haven't identified my secret santa until now. Hope decided to fall down inside me as I sensed that my secret santa has not yet arrived.

He must be late though.

Mrs. Finley entered the room and greeted the class.  She gave us a few speeches before we started are supposed activity. She mentioned earlier that some of our classmates from the football team can't attend our class today since they are busy for this morning's pep rally. Even Minette is not present in today's class. I heard she is leading the cheering squad today at the pep rally along with her minions.

As for that information, Mrs. Finley said that we should leave the gifts to those who are not present on her table.

I left my gift to Chad at Mrs. Finley's table. It appears that mine is the biggest one and people keep on asking me what's inside the wrapper.

When everyone is all settled, Mrs. Finley formally started the secret santa activity. She called the student seated on her right side. The student then stood up and talked about her gift. After that she approached the boy beside me and gave him her gift.

The cycle began as the boy stood up and announced his little speech and gave the gift to the person whom he had picked on the first day of our secret santa activity. As for me, I was getting bored. Since Chad is not present, I am not required to stand up and announce my little speech about my experience as a secret santa. It seems like that I have wasted my time seating here and knowing that the person you came for is not present.

The activity was done and all of them have received their gifts, except for me.

Oh god, where's my secret santa?!

A boy raised his hand to call Mrs. Finley's attention.

It was the boy seated on my left and we're three seats apart. I looked at him suspiciously and I can judge from the corner of his eye that he was also looking at me.

I knew him.

He was one of the volunteers who help our athletes in our school, particularly the football team. They call him "errand boy" because he's the one responsible of taking care of our football boys. I believe he's doing that to gain extra credits and I strongly assume that this boy belongs in the same specie as I am.

Is he the one?

"I have something for Julie Dyers, Mrs. Finley." said the boy as he lowered his hand.