Day 1

December 12, Monday

Five days left before winter break.

I thought to myself. I was in the back row of the room fiddling doodles in my sketchpad waiting for Mrs. Finley when students started to fill in the classroom.

It was a Monday so it's exceptional if you could read the weird looks of my classmates.

Some were bored, some were sleepy, some were cold, some were giddy and some were out of this world.

Just like me.

It was almost four years since I met these people and yet none of them made an effort to be friends with me.

Well, it was okay for me since I always wanted to be alone and none of them matches my interest so it will only be awkward if they made friends with the Julie Dyers.

"My parents are taking me to New York this weekend and I'm so excited to ride a cruise with my family." Minette said to her minions as she sprayed another bacterium of her disgusting perfume.

Minette was the queen bee of our school. When I say Queen Bee it means that she is the biggest bee ever existed in Fairfields High. Her minions are her worshippers and they always follow her wherever she goes.

The part that I don't understand is the fact that all of her minions adore her. Like she's a goddess or a princess.

But she's not like that. She's a human, flesh and with feelings, just like every ordinary citizen of this school and yet everybody love this girl.

I guess it is because Minette is a social climber and I'm an introvert. She's loud and friendly while I'm quiet and socially awkward. She's a cheerleader and she's famous while I'm just a shy girl who dreams to become an artist someday.

Our desires are different from each other and that what makes as a person.

Minette and I may be in the same species but the diversities of our interests are the things that made us unique from each other. Well, I'm not her worshipper and neither she do. We never really had an actual conversation and I thought it was a good idea. As long as I don't interfere with her then we're goods.

She always hangs out with the football dudes and her co-cheerleaders and everybody labeled them the Royals. Can you believe it? Even Lorde has a song for them.

The Royals are ruled by Minette and her boyfriend, Chad.

Chad is also famous just like Minette since he is the quarterback player of our school's football team. He's good looking, broad, tall and believe it or not he's one of the top students in our batch.

Even if Chad has a bewitching appearance his attitude does not equate the totality of his form. He was a man whore, a player and in girl's world they call him slut.

Before Minette, Chad had a dozens of girlfriends and each one of them was broken when Chad decided to leave them. "He's a fucking bastard" they will all say but Chad ignored those comments. He doesn't take them seriously, he may hurt those girls but in reality, he was not affected.