Chapter 4

"Ashlynn, is that you?" His voice seemed so hopeful like he really wanted me. But he couldn't want me.

"Who else would it be?" I questioned sarcastically, but with a chill to it. I turned around and I saw a little hurt flash in his eyes, but it quickly went away. He looked at Trey and Xavier and growled lowly.

"Who is that?" He pointed to Trey.

"This is Alpha Landon. And my son Xavier." I said proudly.

"Your what?" He was getting angry and starting to make a scene.

"Why don't we take this outside and then I can tell you again since you seem to have gone deaf." I stood up and picked Xavier up and went outside. I waited until he stormed out. Trey started to come out but I just shook my head. I needed to tell him.

"Who's the father of Xavier?" He questioned. Still angry.

"That's none of your business, all you need to know is I'm his mother. You must have gone deaf from all of those girls you banged since you rejected me." I saw hurt, guilt, and sadness in his eyes. This time he didn't cover it up.

He sighed. "Who's the father?"

"You." I turned to go back inside, but he grabbed my arm.

"You kept my son from me for five years?" He was getting angry again.

"Let me take him inside and then I will talk to you." I walked away again, he didn't try and stop me this time.

"Mommy who was that?" My little boy was so innocent, he had questioned about his father before and I just told him his father was really busy but still loved him. I even offered for him to meet his father but he somehow knew that his father had hurt me and said no. That topic hasn't come up again since.

"Just someone mommy used to know. Now can you please stay with uncle Trey while I go back and talk to him?" I hated not telling Xav the whole truth, but for right now it was for the best.

"Ok mommy."

"Thank you baby." I kissed his cheek while I put him down.

"Mommy I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy." He puffed his chest out a little.

"I know you are sweetheart. But you will always be mama's baby, okay?"

"Ok mommy." He ran off to Trey without a second glance back at me.

'Are you ok?' Trey mind-linked me.

'To be completely honest, I'm not sure. But I have to do this.'

'I understand. If you need me though I will be right here.'

'Thank you, Trey.' With that, I cut off the link and went back outside. It was summer so we didn't have to bundle up. It wasn't too hot but it wasn't freezing either.

I got back to where I left him and he was there sitting on the sidewalk, just staring into space.

"I have a son." He said monotone. He sounded empty, defeated.

"Yeah, you do." I had no emotion in my voice, I just wanted to get this conversation over with so I never have to see him again.

"Why?" He stood up and looked me in the eye.

"Why what?" I know I was getting a bitchy tone, but I didn't care.

"Why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant? Why didn't you come home?"

"Really?!? I would have thought you would be able to figure those out on your own. I guess I was wrong." I said with sarcasm and a fake laugh. "Well, let's see. Hmm... Yeah I know YOU REJECTED ME!"