1

(Published: 7/30/17)

Percy's POV:

I watched as Annabeth walked away from me, tears running down her perfect cheeks.

I can't believe it. She broke up with me...

She said she, 'just needed some space from everything'. Like, what dose that even mean?

Is it just because of all that we've been through, or is it me? Did I do something wrong? Was I just not good enough for her? What? Please, somebody tell me what I did! I'll fix it! I'll do better this time!

But no, she's already gone into her cabin. By tomorrow the news will have spread throughout camp, and everyone will know that Percabeth is dead.

Not really feeling like talking to anyone, I headed to my cabin without dinner. Hopefully no one would come looking for me. If they did, I'd just send them away. I couldn't talk to anyone right now.

Just my luck, Grover and Jason came by about five minutes after dinner ended. They both wanted to know what was wrong, but I told them I didn't want to talk about it. They then invited me to the camp fire, but in the mood I was in, I'm sure the fire would stay low and gray.

"Come on Percy," Jason said gently. "What's wrong? Do you want me to go get Annabeth?"

I groaned at that. That had to be the worst thing he could've said just now.

"What?" He asked again. "Did you two get into a fight or something?"

I sighed, knowing neither of them would leave until I told them.

"Annabeth broke up with me." I explained. "She said she needed some space."

"What?!?" They both exclaimed.

I just sighed again and rolled over in my bed, wanting more than ever to be alone. "You two can go down to the fire now. I'll be okay."

"Are you sure, Perce?" Grover asked, sounded worried.

"Yeah," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper. "I'll be fine. I just need to be alone right now."

Grover can read emotions, so he could probably tell that I wouldn't be fine for a while, but they both also knew that I needed to be alone right now, and work things out in my head.

Soon, I couldn't stop the flood of thoughts that drowned my rationality. I started thinking crazy thoughts, like, 'maybe she was cheating', or 'what if she never loved me at all'. Deep down, I knew that none of it was true. I also knew that it didn't matter why she dumped me. Just that we were over.

Tears spilled own my cheeks, and wouldn't stop. It was like a dam had burst right behind my eyes. The tears never ran out. They just kept flooding down my face, and onto my now-damp pillow.

But I didn't care. I didn't care if the whole camp knew I was laying alone in my cabin, crying my eyes out over Annabeth. Not right now anyways. Maybe I would in the morning. Who knew?

Who cared?

I'm not sure how long I layer there crying. Maybe minutes. Maybe hours. But I didn't get up to check.

Soon, I began feeling tired. My eyes and limbs grew heavy. I yawned a little as the tears slowed, but still poured. My breathing slowed down, back into a nice, deep rhythm. Not long after that, I just gave up on trying to keep my eyes open, and I let them drop.

The last thing I knew before losing consciousness, was the feeling of a few fresh tears sliding down my already soaked face, and onto my not-so-dry pillow.

~time skip - the next morning~

Jason had to come into my cabin to wake me up.

"Percy," he said, gently shaking my shoulder. "Come on man, you're going to miss breakfast."

Barely awake, I found myself mumbling, "I'm not hungry.."

Just then, my stomach growled.

"Yeah," Jason said. "Right."

I lifted my head up a little. "Can you pretend I'm not at camp or something. I don't want to face everyone. If I go done there, they'll all stare at me. I bet everyone knows about Annabeth and I breaking up."

"Okay, so, you're not wrong about that." Jason admitted. "Seriously. Leo actually cried when he found out."

"Seriously?"

Jason nodded.

"Wow."

"Yeah...." Jason paused a moment before adding. "But who cares, right? Come on, let's go show them you're all right and getting through this like a man!"

"Do we have to?"

"Yes! Now get dressed before I pull you out of here in your underwear!"

I sighed, but got up and did as I was told.

This was going to be a long day...