6.

Zayn's calm exterior never falters as he goes to care for Louis. The boy hurries to wipe his tears away, but only succeeds in smearing blood across his cheek. It's easy to put together; there's shards of glass scattered all over the floor where Louis is slouched, from the mirror Zayn guesses.

"Hey, love. That looks like it hurts," Zayn whispers gently, pulling Louis carefully away from the glass so he isn't hurt further. He hums sympathetically as Louis whimpers and whines. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" Zayn asks, noticing more blood but not the source.

He curses under his breath as Louis shrugs and curls in on himself. When subs drop it can be difficult for them to identify pain, which is why they need to cared for carefully. When they find out their classification at 16 they get extra classes to teach them little things that they may need to help them and the partner in the future. Zayn remembers how worried he'd been when the teacher stressed how dangerous an injured sub was and how they should immediately be brought to hospital for the professionals to deal with.

Louis is shivering when Zayn picks him up, carrying him to the car and carefully strapping him in. A quick text to Harry and Liam informs them of the situation and urges them to go to the sub hospital now. He glances at his pale face in the mirror and back down to Louis' clammy form before he sighs and begins a stressful and very careful drive.

Harry's breath is stolen away from him when he gets Zayn's text. He doesn't hesitate to climb behind the wheel, thoughts beating inside his head that its his fault, he left Louis when he needed him.

His hands shake where they hold the wheel, as he reaches up to frantically scrub at his eyes. He needs to find get to Louis, care for him like a good dom would. He's turning out like his dad, too focussed on himself to care for his sub . His mum would be ashamed.

He's startled out of his self-deprecating thoughts by a loud horn, the sound of metal and glass breaking and then everything goes away.

Zayn huffs as Louis' phone buzzes, rooting through the pile of his clothes to find it. The boy himself is asleep in his hospital bed, having been seen to already, due to the drip he has. It's common for ill, dropped subs to be put on a drip that makes them sleep until their dom can arrive.

He moves to the door, not closing the door so he can keep an eye on Louis as he answers the phone.
"Mr. Tomlinson?" A sharp voice demands as he holds the phone to his ear.
"It's his friend, he is currently occupied. Who is speaking?" Zayn asks, unable to stop himself glancing over at Louis every few seconds.

"This is a nurse from the Royal London hospital. Can Mr. Tomlinson come to the phone please?" She asks firmly, still polite.
"He is in the London Sub hospital at the moment and cannot answer. What is this about?"
"His dominant is in the hospital. He was involved in a car crash."

Zayn stumbles his way through he rest of the conversation, putting Louis' doctor in touch with the nurse that just called.

A few hours later and Louis is being wheeled in to Harry's hospital in his own hospital bed, moved to a room that both of the men can fit into. Their beds are placed close together, nurses rearranging their wires and and setting the room up to make their check ups easier.

Zayn watches from the armchair beside Harry's bed, leg bouncing as he sits silently. It only occurs to him that other people needed to be informed when Louis' mum shows up and Harry's sister arrives half an hour after. Zayn steps out of the room to allow them time with their loved ones, injured and weak as they lie unconscious in their hospital beds.