5.

Harry and Louis both decide against drinks with Liam and Zayn, exhausted after the stress of the day they've had. Liam and Zayn tell them they understand, not prying to know about their results.

Liam gets a text three days later from Louis. He's flicking through twitter with the news on in the background, up early so he could say goodbye to Zayn as he left for a photo shoot this morning. He stares down at the message.

I'm a sub.

Liam holds his breath as he reads it and reads it again, blowing it out as he lies back on the couch. He considers calling Louis, but he knows Louis texted him so he doesn't have to say it out loud.

Okay, cool. Me and Zayn had great sex this morning.

Louis can't help the laugh that escapes him. He loves his friends. Now he feels kind of stupid about making such a big deal about it.

Tell me about it over breakfast?

Liam grins down at his phone.

I'll pick you up xx

They make small talk as they wait for their breakfast to be brought to the table, finally getting down to the good stuff when they're left alone by all staff.

"So?" Louis smirks, wriggling his eyebrows. Liam laughs, flicking the wrapper from his straw at Louis who squawks indignantly.
"I felt more dominant today, so he let me order him how to fuck me - like every detail. He just did everything I said and it was so good and he's such a good boyfriend. But, obviously, he's not a sub, so he made me wait to come. It was amazing," Liam rambles, sighing happily as he finishes his story, resting his chin on his fist.

Louis grins, happy for his friends.
"God, I remember how nervous you were about your classifications together. Zayn's a good dom, and you are a good sub for him and a good dom when you feel that way," Louis praises, shrugging when Liam coos and reaches over to pinch his cheek.

"So... speaking of doms. I'm assuming Harry is one?" Liam segues, smiling apologetically when Louis glares at him. Louis wants to talk about it, but he doesn't want to talk about it.
"Yeah," Louis sighs, staring down at his stack of pancakes and pushing them around with his fork.
"And what does he have to say about that?" Liam asks, eyeing Louis carefully.

Louis mulls the question over as he chews his food.
"We haven't really spoken about it, just that we're going to try and make it work. We've both said that we need to talk about it, communication is key and all that. We are going to that new dessert place on Ball Road on Saturday."
"So you still have three days to think everything over. Need to ask any questions? I know I'm a switch, not sub, and my classification hasn't suddenly changed, but I could help with some stuff," Liam offers.

It hangs in the air, a comfortable silence falling as they continue to eat their food.

"Is it hard to be good? Well behaved when you sub?" Louis asks before sipping his drink. Liam's mouth twists as he interprets his thoughts well enough to answer.
"It can be, if you want it to be," Liam shrugs, but Louis just seems even more confused. "Some people enjoy it when their dom intentionally makes it difficult for their sub to meet their expectations. I don't. I enjoy pleasing Zayn, so being good isn't difficult. Doing as I'm told or doing what he wants is what I want to do."