Chapter 6-Alex

"Yo, Alex!" Called my brother Mario later that day. He was standing by the window, looking out of it.

"What?" I asked, walking into the room.

"There's some white girl out there. Look's like she's in trouble."

I walked over to where he was and saw a group of some of the worst Latino Bloods surrounding someone. Probably someone who didn't pay. But then I saw the shiny car, and I knew it was Brittany Dawson.

"Stay here, Mario." I ordered, opening the door to go outside just as she let out a piercing scream.

"What the hell are you doing, Diego?" I jogged over to the circle and stopped. Diego's lip was bleeding and his fist was wrapped around Kate's hair. Her shirt was pulled up, revealing creamy white skin.

"This bitch thinks she's better than us." He said, and the other members nodded.

I looked at Brittany. She looked scared as hell.

"Let her go, Diego." I told him, stepping forward. "She didn't do nothin' to you."

"You defendin' this bitch?" He asked, bewildered.

"Yeah. Now let her go." I stepped closer. "You know Juan doesn't like you to mess around with Northsiders."

He looked around and finally pushed her forward, signaling the gang to follow him. "I better not ever catch her around here again!" He yelled over his shoulder.

I rushed beside Brittany. "Are you okay, princesa?" I asked. There weren't any marks on her skin, but I could bet money that she wouldn't be forgetting this anytime soon.

She looked up at me and rubbed her eyes. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"Saving me." I helped her up off of the sidewalk and took her back to her car. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me, which surprised the shit out of me.

"Well, thanks." She straightened up, resuming her perfect stature.

"No problem, chica." I watched her get into her car and drive away fast. Maybe the bet wouldn't be so easy. This chica would do anything to be perfect, and she had walls of steel surrounding her.

But then again, I never backed down from a challenge.