Chapter 1 - New beginnings, new relationships

Nikki’s POV:

Video:

Ian: “Ok guys so that wraps today’s Game Bang, but before we go, we have a special announcement”
Sohinki: “I’m moving to New York with my girlfriend, so next week’s video will be the last time I participate in regular Game Banging.”
Jovan: “You’ll be sporadically Game Banging us from now on.”
Mari: “Eeeeeewww!”
Sohinki: “So anyway, I want to say thank you guys for everything, and I’ll see you for the last time, next week. GAME BANG!”
Everyone: “GAME BANG!”

Video end:

I switched off my computer, surprised by the sudden change, I swept my long frustratingly curly hair over my shoulder, a habitual action I do when I’m thinking. Sitting at my desk, with my laptop, I had decided to watch the latest episode of Game Bang before filming my own latest video. It was a ritual I did – watch something from Smosh or Pewdiepie etc. then film a vid after being inspired by their strangeness, but now I was less inspired than confused and perhaps curious.

“I can’t believe Sohinki’s leaving.” I muttered to myself “Who's going to take his place?” Thinking out loud was another habit of mine, I can’t seem to keep my thoughts in my head when I’m alone, at least it usually only happened then, not in the company of other people – though that has been known to happen to me. I decided to get up, shutting my laptop in the process and heading over to my bedroom. Scanning the sight before me, I grinned at the mountains of brown moving boxes… my last day in Australia – I’d be moving to California tomorrow!! So excited I whipped out my camera from one of the boxes to film my last video in my home country.

“ひざしぶりみな!” I said waving to the tripod. “Ok so as you know today is my last day here in Australia,” I waved two little flags, one Aussie, one American “So I wanted to give you guys one last video here before I move to the US, today’s episode is a bit special, since so many of you guys have asked for a Q&A session vid, I thought I’d give you one as a sort of going away present” I paused the filming, and grabbed the script I have typed up and printed out just before I watched the Game Bang video, memorising the weekly comments, and tweets I needed to read out I switched on the camera again. “Right so, NerdyGirl95 asks on twitter ‘@CaucasianAsian are you single.’ Well yeah I’m a single pringle, I’m a springle! SPRINGLES UNITE! Hey guys let’s make that a new hashtag. SWEET! So next, DatAssLickerXO – nice name by the way – asks ‘If you watch an apple store get robbed, does that make you an iWittness.’ …” *Deliberate awkward stare into camera* “Yes… yes it does.”

I continued filming till I had a few more minutes of solid funny footage, and switched off the camera after signing off with my usual “じゃあ、みんな!” and started editing. My Youtube channel has over 4.5 million subscribers, and is pretty popular in Japan and Australia, I’m bilingual (I speak Japanese as well as my first language, English) and so I love to incorporate some Japanese into my videos, as well as the greeting at the start of the video and the farewell at the end. My greatest inspiration for my channel was Mari from Smosh Pit Weekly, she was my hero! I was moving to the US to expand my online boundaries, and see if I could achieve more success there. Finishing the editing process, I swivelled round on my desk chair as took another look at the boxes. Time to finish packing, I unplugged my camera from my laptop.

Anthony’s POV – The next day

I plugged my camera into my laptop, ready to put together the latest Smosh video. I sighed, the back of my mind still ticking over Sohinki’s departure, who the heck are we going to get to take his place? I tried to focus on editing, but with no urgent deadline, I wasn’t too fussed about doing it right then so when Ian phoned me and asked if I wanted to go with him to Mari’s apartment to discuss her upcoming Smosh Pit Weekly vid, I said sure thing.