Bringing Back Hallie: Chapter Three

A/N--Soooo yeah, this is the second chapter in two days.  Just saying.  You should all love me and reward me with comments and likes :))  

Oh and this chapter is dedicated to the beyond amazing Miss Phoebe Gardens, because she made me super happy by making me my first fan art which you can see right to the side --->  Gorgeous, isn't it? Makes me happy :))

But yes, I'm going to stop talking and just tell you all to enjoy the chapter! Sooo...enjoy :)

"I just...I just cannot even believe this has happened, can't believe she's done something so stupid..." 

"Everyone makes mistakes, hon. You need to calm down; you're worrying yourself sick..." 

"My daughter's in the hospital because her friend was driving drunk! She was supposed to be home last night, I told her to, but she never goddamn listens...I just don't even know what to do with her anymore..." 

"Kelly, she's a teenager, she makes mistakes. Just be glad nothing worse has happened, she was the least hurt out of all of them." 

"I don't care, Hayden! I never thought I'd be that mom who gets the phone call that their..." 

I cut them both off by groaning in pain, their escalated voices far too much for my pounding head to handle. My head's not even the worst part of the pain, though; no, it's just the fact that my entire body hurts. That everything in me is just swimming in pain right now.  

"Hayden, I don't think...I can't do this. I'll go get the nurses," I hear my mom's defeated voice say, and seconds later I hear the loud thud of a door being closed.  

It's then that I feel warm skin brush against my arm, causing my eyes to flutter open, only to squeeze them tightly back shut because the light in the room is so bright. "Ow," I murmur, feeling like this could put any hangover in history to shame. I can't even open my eyes right now...this is ridiculous. "Dad, could you...?" 

"Sure honey," he says and I listen in as I hear the scratching of a chair being pushed back and the soft thudding of his footsteps. When he says, "Okay, you're good now..." I once again try to open my eyes, and this time it is much more successful. While the sunlight filtering in through the window blinds still makes my eyes want to cry out a little in protest, it's nothing that I can't handle. I'll just need to look the other way, into the darker part of the...of the hospital room? 

"Dad?" I question softly, my brain trying to rack through memories of things that could have brought me here. I was just...the last thing I remember is sitting in Fred's living room and playing on my phone while the three of them watched Spongebob. How the hell am I in the hospital? I mean, I guess when I was coming in on their faded conversation I picked something up about the hospital, but I had no idea that it related to me at all. 

His blue eyes, so much like mine, come into focus as he leans in closer so that I don't have strain my voice to talk. God, I miss having my dad around all of the time. He's the only one in my family who I can actually have a decent conversation with, the only one that doesn't seem to hate me all of the time. He's so chill and so cool, even though he's one of Country's most loved singers right now.  

Seeming to catch onto my confusion, he leans in and gently brushes some of the hair off of my forehead. He says, "Do you remember anything at all from last night?" 

I shake my head, but stop immediately when I realize just how much that hurts. I say, "No...not really. I remember being at Fred's watching TV and that's all..." 

"Well," he says calmly, "You went out last night, to a party at some guy's house. Fred was driving you and Jeanie home and apparently Fred was extremely drunk. He swerved into the oncoming lane of traffic and you guys were hit head on."