Chapter 3

I sat on my bed with my new iPhone that Mrs. McCann had just gotten me, I dialed a number then clicked on call. "Hello?" I smiled at her voice, "Hey Briana.. It's me Justin" I said before biting my lower lip, "Justin?! Oh my god! Your brother stopped by earlier with your dad! he's worried."

"Yeah.. I'm fine.. I ran away" "But why Justin?!" "My family was treating me like shit, trust me I bet if they found me they would take me back home then continue beating me" "Justin.. Please.. I miss you.. You're my best friend"

"I don't wanna come back Bri.. Please understand" "What about me?" "You can always call me.. Skype.. As soon as I make enough money and find a job" "How'd you get a new phone? Your brother told me you left it" "The people that I'm living with got it for me"
"They did? How'd you find somewhere to stay?"

"They took me in when they saw me in the streets.. These people are rich, they live in a mansion!"

"Wow! now I can see why you don't wanna come back" Briana said making me chuckle.

"Their daughter is nice but the son.. Not so good" "What do you mean?" "He's rude and apparently he's known as the badass" "Hot.. Date him" "I know nothing about him except that his ex boyfriend died and that he was abused"

"Then hang out with him.. Try something" "He doesn't like me"
"Then get him to.. I have to go I'll call you back tomorrow and tell me how it goes" "Alright" "Bye," "Bye."

I hung up then heard a knock on the door, I looked up at Vivian. "Hey.. We're having a family game night.. You can join if you want"
"Family game night?"

"Yeah.. Jason and I spend most of the week on our phones and laptops so my dad decided to do family game night every Saturdays" "Well.. Will they be comfortable with me there?" "Of course" Vivian smiled and I nodded my head "sure" I said then got up "yay" she giggled then grabbed my wrist as we ran downstairs. I walked into the living room with Vivian, I stood there awkwardly. "Come sit."

I nodded my head then sat down across Jason who had darkness in his eyes.

I looked at Mrs. McCann who always had that evil 'smile' yet she was very nice and beautiful.

"Today Vivian gets to decide which game to play.. Why don't you pick a game from the shelf?" "Of course" Vivian smiled then got up. I watched as Vivian opened the cabinet releasing shelfs full of board games and video games. "Justin" Mrs. McCann said "Yes ma'am?" "We're very glad to have you here! You're always welcome to join us at our game nights any time you'd like!" Mrs. McCann said as I smiled "thank you."

Vivian held a board game then walked towards us holding the box. Vivian sat down with an evil smirk before opening the lid, "Sequence."

Mr. McCann smiled "Your favorite game daddy" Vivian smiled sweetly. God why am I so scared right now? Oh yeah maybe because they act so innocent yet their smiles look so evil-ish.

"Have you ever played Sequence before?" Mr. McCann asked "yes sir.. When I was a kid" "Well then this should be interesting" "Jason and Justin are teams and Vivian is with my husband and I" Mrs. McCann said "Jason you haven't said anything.. Why don't you start?"

Jason rolled his eyes then grabbed his cards and looked at the board.
Jason put his card down then put the red chip on the board. "My turn!" Vivian smiled before grabbing a bead.

"Tell me about yourself" I said before putting a red chip on the board, "I'm a lawyer.. I make tons of money" Mrs. McCann said as she put a blue chip down on the board.

"I own the mall" Mr. McCann said as he put a colored chip down, "That's amazing" I said as Jason but down a chip, "I always get things free" Jason smirked making his father roll his eyes playfully. "I'm head cheerleader" Vivian smiled, "That's great" I smiled making her smile."I've always liked art" I said putting down a red chip "I myself use to always create art."

Mr. McCann smirked as he put a chip down making me chuckle, "We should draw sometime sir" "I'd be honored" I smiled beginning to feel comfortable.

"We win"

I said as I put one down. "Amazing" Mrs. McCann smiled
"Take that!" Jason smirked at Vivian making her stick her tongue out.

--

The next day

I was woken up the next day by my phone going off. I stretched my arms then grabbed my phone, "Good morning" I said while lying in bed "Hey Justin... How's it going?" "It's going good Briana.. We had family game night yesterday" "family game night? Are they white?" Briana said making me laugh "yeah I think so" "cool, I'm jealous they gave you an iPhone and they have family game night.. Maybe I should runaway too" Briana joked making me smile. "I miss you" "I miss you too.. How's Jason?" "I barely talked to him.. He seemed happy every time I helped him win.. Does that count?" "Unless he gave you a kiss or a huge then no" "What else am I suppose to do?" "Ask him to hang out" "no.. That's weird" I said "come on Jay! just try" "I-I guess I will" I said "yay! Good luck!" "But Bri-" I groaned as Briana hung up then got up from bed.

>>Jason McCann<<

I changed into a black T-shirt, red basketball shorts, and some Jordan's. I grabbed my basketball then ran down the stairs.

"Mom I'm going out to meet with a couple of friends" I said

"Wait Jason!"

I groaned "what?" I said "why don't you invite.. Justin?" "Mom-" "Jason come on! he's going to be here for a while and you need to get to know him" "yeah for a while.. What's the point if he is just going to leave anyway?" "Just do it" my mom rolled her eyes making me sigh in annoyance.

I ran up the stairs and knocked on the door, "Come in" I heard then opened the door seeing a shirtless Justin. "I-I um.. Was wondering if you wanted to hang out.. Shoot a couple hoops with me and the guys" I said then cleared my throat, "Uh.. Yeah sure I'll meet up with you" "Are you sure? Do you know where it is?" I asked "yup" Justin said, I nodded my head "well.. Alright" I said before leaving.

This could be interesting.

___________________________