Why, When, Motivation?

So I haven't been asked these questions too much. I honestly don't know why exactly I started writing but here is what I know...

I used to be one of those readers that would take a month to read even the 100 page books. I hated reading (gasps, yes I said that).

One of my teachers in 7th grade thought maybe it was the genre I was reading and pointed out a book series to me. (Anyone wanna guess? XD. Here's a Hint: James Patterson Wrote it.)

I fell in love with the genre and James Patterson's writing. I read all the books in the series and just continued from there. By the end of the first 9 weeks I read about 50 books on my own and a few I had had to read for the class (I only know this because we had to keep book logs).The paranormal genre caught my interest the most.

We were also to write short stories/journal entries in class each day and I came up with a short story called "The Tall Man Running". My teacher loved it and said it was very good. Looking back on that small two page story I have to admit, it was pretty good.

One day on New Years Eve (I was now 14), I got bored and pulled out one of my notebooks I liked to draw in. All the books I had read came flooding back and the creative juices just began to flow. I wasn't very good at it.

My very first book had no chapters really and was pretty much all dialogue. It's about 1000 pages long and I rushed the ending a little because I was getting bored with it. I started writing other stories and slowly as I learned more in school I became a little better.

My friend told me about Wattpad in 9th or 10th grade and originally I wasn't very good still so I just read on here. But, as more and more of my friends got to read my stories they encouraged me to keep writing so I posted an all new story, finally on WP. I'm sure you can guess which one that was ("Shadow Hills Paranormal School" if you couldn't guess).

As people commented and made suggestions I took those suggestions to heart and tried to apply them to all of my writing. I majorly improved and I even took a cool, free, writing class at our local library to learn even more. It helped me enough to improve in detail and not do so much dialogue.

I know I still have a long way to go and there is always more I can learn. So my motivations, I could say are all my readers, friends and teachers that have helped me and continue to help me follow my passion for writing.

Who knew it could all start with a kid who hated reading and a teacher determined to change her mind?

Why, What and how were you guys motivated/inspired (to read or write)?