No Mercy Chapter One: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Night of the Hunter by 30 Seconds to Mars

Pray to your God, open your heart

Whatever you do, don't be afraid of the dark

Cover your eyes, the devil's inside

One night of the hunter

One day I will get revenge

One night to remember

One day it'll all just end

~~~

Chapter One: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Mystic Falls, Present Day

Dark blue eyes rested upon the three tombstones lying side by side in the Mystic Falls Cemetery. The tombstones were at the very back of the cemetery, having been there for over a century. Moss had grown on the front and sides of two of the tombstones, but even then Ash still knew the names carved into them.

The names of her brothers.

What intrigued her, though, was why her tombstone and grave itself looked as if it was being cared for, when the tombstones of her brothers' graves looked as if they had been purposely neglected.

The dark-haired girl rested a small, delicate looking hand on the front of her twin's tombstone. "I miss you brother." She whispered, a rare moment of weakness overcoming her. Her dark blue eyes were intently focused on it, hopelessness clear within them. "You and Damon both."

After another moment passed, Ash stood up and forced her face to become calm. Placing her sunglasses back on, she cast one more look at the graves before walking away, disappearing in an instant as she used her enhanced speed.

Ash didn't know what had made her decide on impulse to come back to this town of nightmares. Who was she kidding? She wasn't anywhere near strong enough to deal with all of the haunting memories this town held for her.

No, but she had to be. Fear was a luxury, a weakness, that she could not afford to have.

One thing, unknown to her, was certain though. Now that Ashlynn Salvatore was in town, all of the carefully made plans created by not only the citizens of Mystic Falls, but by Klaus as well, were about to go in an entirely new direction.

In the hundred and forty something years since Ash had last laid eyes on Mystic Falls, very few things had changed.

Sure, everything was more modern and there were more buildings than there used to be, obviously…but the people were exactly the same. The minute someone new entered town, people stared. People stuck their noses in other people's business. Everybody knew everybody in small towns like this and Ash stuck out like a sore thumb.

At one point in time, she would've flushed in embarrassment…looked away…something. But that was long gone. Instead of embarrassment, she felt…nothing. Numbness. She felt nothing for these people that judged her, whom she did not even know.

They meant nothing to her.

Throughout her life, only five people ever meant anything to her. Three were dead, one had betrayed her, and only one had remained true.

The only reason Ash hadn't turned off her humanity again was because of that one, her best and only friend. Alexa had risked a lot to get Ash to turn her humanity back on and Ash wouldn't belittle her friend's sacrifice just because she was too weak to handle her birthplace.

Deciding that what she really needed was a drink, the brunette walked into the building that said above the door in dark neon lights "Mystic Grill".