5-They're Coming After Us!

Narrator: The drinking contest scene has been deleted for the safety of the readers' state of mind-

Faline: What! You can't do that, I was totally awesome there. I beat everyone in the-

Narrator: Yes I can. I am your creator. And Sol was still standing at the end, so it wasn't a complete victory. Besides, my first concern is the readers-

Faline: Sol's weird, and this book is narrated by meh so get. You're not needed *shoves narrator*

Narrator:*thrown out of the screen. A loud clatter is heard*

Faline: Ahem, now, on with chapter five. 
___________________________

Let's just say that everyone in the bar passed out, except Sol. He's just acting a bit loopy. That's the best anyone's ever done when they tried to match me in a drinking contest. So now, here I am, trying to drag Sol to his room while he's tottering around. Well, at least I get to keep my money.

When we finally reached our room, I shoved him onto one of the beds. He was asleep before his head hit the pillow. I collapsed onto the other bed, and thought of the condition of the pub. Bottles. Spilled liquor. Passed out people. Maybe I'll leave some apology coins. I did go a little overboard in the contest.

Boy, is Jimmy going to be mad. But it is nice to meet up with old friends once in a while.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even notice when I slipped into a dark sleep.

*******

I saw him sitting on a tree branch. Long, silky black hair floated in the wind. Hair like mine.

I climbed up the tree, branches whipping at my hands, my arms, my face, and tangling my hair. Trying to force me back. The bark tore the skin on my fingertips, exposing raw, red flesh. He turned around, and his twinkling blue eyes met mine. He smiled at me and held out his hand. I felt tears slip down my cheeks, and my heart clenched. He's here.

The wind picked up, clouds covered the sky, and the tree swayed in the wind. I reached out to touch him, to see if he was real.

A hair's width away, he started to dissipate. I lunged forward, grabbing his jacket desperately...but he was gone, leaving me clinging to his jacket and a bamboo flute.

A noiseless sob left my lips. My best friend. My guardian angel. My brother. My twin.

I buried my face into his jacket, gripped the flute, and whispered his name in a voice laced with sorrow, longing, pain, and one emotion I couldn't feel anymore...love.

"Kai."

*******

I bolted out of bed and hit my head on something hard.

"Owww," Sol said, rubbing his forehead while sitting on the floor.

"You have a hard head," I informed him. As do I.

"What do you mean by that!?" Sol looked slightly offended.

"Nothing." I slid out of bed and smoothed out my black tunic and baggy pants, then clipped my belt on. I then threw on my black cloak to ward off the morning chill.

"Where are you going?" Sol asked, having finally gotten off the floor.

"To check on the horses and order breakfast. I need to see if the stable boy did his job correctly. I'll order some breakfast, too."

With that, I walked out of the door, closing it behind me. Then I rubbed my torn up fingertips and my arms, where welts from the branches were starting to form. I tugged my undershirt's sleeves over my knuckles to hide the majority of the injuries. My face had no damage. It never did. Dreams are dangerous for those with Majik, but I can't die from them. I just get slightly injured based on what happens in them.

I briskly walked into the dining area and up to the counter that Kia was standing behind.

"Two quick breakfasts in Room 15, please." I said with a grin. I put down ten gold coins. Kia's eyes widened at the amount. "For our dinner, breakfast, drinks, room, and damage fees. The rest is a tip." I winked, then walked out the side door to the stables.

Star and Jet seemed taken care of fairly well. I brushed them for a while, then climbed onto the stable's roof. From my bag, I pulled out my bamboo flute. Or should I say my brother's.

I played a nostalgic tune, one my brother, Kai, taught me how to play. I smiled, imagining my brother playing the piano part with me. I hadn't dreamt about my brother or played the flute in a while. (Sorry guys, the youtube video thingy wasn't working, but here's the URL for the song Faline played.)      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qhNRmMilI

From my vantage point on the roof, I looked out over the scenery, thinking about my brother. Something caught my eye. A scarlet haired boy leading a squad of knights. Judging  from the distance, they were about five minutes away.

They followed us.

I climbed down off the roof and dropped to the ground. The moment I hit the ground, I started running. I sprinted into the inn and to my room. Throwing open the door, I said quickly and sharply, "Get your bags Sol, we're leaving right now."

Sol looked slightly startled at my tone of voice.

"Okay..." he said, slightly alarmed. I snatched up my bags, and Sol did the same. I ran out the door with Sol in tow.

We got to the stables and I harnessed the horses and clipped the bags to the harnesses and saddles, not wasting any time. I threw my other cloak to Sol. It was a forest green one that was less conspicuous than the red one he had.

"Wear this and put your cloak in a bag. We don't want to attract unneeded attention." I jumped up onto Jet, and we rode out of the stables.

I pulled my hood over my head and motioned for Sol to do the same. We cantered out of the clearing at the same moment Red and his knight buddies came in. What was his name again? Crissy?

I didn't dare look back to see if we'd been recognized. I gripped the reins, my skinned fingers burning where the leather bit into the raw flesh.

Sol and I rode in silence until he spoke.

"Who's Kai?"

************************************************************************************************************

Dun dun dun duuuunnnn...       Cliffhanger! Mwahahaham, I'm so evil. Haaammmm. I'm hungry. Readers, I guess you'll have to wait for the next chapter again.

 *mood swing*

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry about not updating for a while even though there aren't many people reading this, but I never got around to it when I wanted to and I had to do some serious cramming for Foreign Languages so I neglected Wattpad but I'm sorry please forgive me and continue to vote comment and read pretty please?