Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to sm181030!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for answering my distress call and pulling me outta my slump! I lurve you!

*******

"Idiot. You want to leave so bad, but you have a fear of heights?!" I yelled from my perch on the windowsill.

"I'm sorry," Sol squeaked from the corner he was cowering in. "Is there really no other way out?"

"Doesn't matter, if you wanna leave, out the window you go," I said walking over to him. I grabbed him by his shirt. "C'mon Princess," I mocked

I had set up a knotted rope that descended to the bottom of the 75 foot tower. Even though carrying that heavy as sh*t stuff around is a pain, it helps.

"You first," I told Sol.

"Ehh?"

Before he could react, I had lifted him up onto the windowsill and blocked the way back into the room. He was really light. Either that or I'm just strong. I'll go with the second one.

"Go. Down. Now." I commanded through gritted teeth

He screeched like a girl, "Nuuu~ I don't wanna~"

I gave him my best listen-to-me-or-I'll-kill-you-and-your-family look. And trust me, I'm good at it. Rank A.

"Down." I growled.

"Yes ma'am." he squeaked out and began climbing down.

My listen-to-me-or-I'll-kill-you-and-your-family look fixes all.

I watched him as he descended. His form was good and he obviously had some physical strength. He was down halfway now. I could go.

I slung my leg over the windowsill. Then I shifted my weight outside. I descended with a practiced ease, the wind tugging at my hood.

When I reached the bottom of the tower, I saw Sol waiting for me, still slightly shaky.

"C'mon, you snooze you lose. Literally. Let's get outta here."

I lead the way out, weaving through a courtyard. As a palace, there should be more than one exit.

Of course I'm right. Oh did I forget to mention that the door was locked? Yup. Well, the door is locked. Being a thief means being prepared. I am (usually) prepared.

I took a strong lock pick from my leg strap and stuck it in the keyhole.

"Uh oh, this lock is gonna be harder to pick than I thought it would be," I mumbled as I jiggled around the pick.

"Um..." Sol piped up nervously.

"Yeah?"

"There are there are guards coming, looks like they are being led by Chrysoar, but he's supposed to be watching the keep. I wonder what he's doing out here?" Sol's report turned into curious musings.

I spared a glance over my shoulder. On the other side of the courtyard, bright red hair caught my eye, and I groaned inwardly.

As if on cue, the lock popped and the door opened with a loud creak. The group of guards heard, and their eyes searched for where the sound came from. The redhead spotted us first.

"There!" He shouted, fire in his green eyes. The group ran towards us and I grabbed Sol's hand, cursing. I also heard, "Is that Solaris?" Have I ever mentioned how girly Sol's name sounds?

The door had opened up to reveal the dark woods, and without hesitation I bolted into them, dragging Sol into them with me.

_______

We ran through the woods and into the outskirts of the city to make sure we weren't followed.

"I have to say, you have pretty good stamina...for a princess," I teased. Sol was only slightly panting.

"Don't call me a princess!"

"Sure, princess."

"Hey!"

"Yeah yeah."

I started to walk into town with Sol in tow. He was gaping at everything like a little kid during his first day at the market. Seriously?

I continued walking for a while,but stopped when I sensed that Sol wasn't following me. I looked behind me and saw that a shady man was talking to him.

I walked back towards him, putting on a commanding air.

"Excuse me, but could I ask you to leave him alone?" I said in a confident tone, letting my Celtic accent take over my speech. His eyes widened, no doubt hearing my accent and noticing the Celtic tattoo on my upper arm. I smirked, and he backed down. He recognized me...or should I say, Cat.

"Sorry," he said nervously, then ran away.

Oops, guess I forgot to tell you. I'm kinda famous in the underground world. In other words, they know about my amazingness.

I turned to Sol and flicked his forehead.

"What was that for! It hurt!"

"Don't talk to random people, not everyone has a conscience," I informed him coldly.

"Then what about you? You steal things!"

"Judge later. Besides, you're theone who wanted to come with me." I turned around and continued down the street. "Stay close."

"Where are we going?" Sol inquired.

A slight smile settled in my lips.

"I have a delivery to make."

*******

Once again, THANK-YOU sm181030! You motivated me to get off my lazy butt and write!

People, feel free to comment.