[10] A Changed Nate

Hey there! Another chapter here...

Unfortunately, this is just a short one...

so here you go.. enjoy!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

I arrived at school and headed straight to Principal Abron’s office. Oh God! It's a new day! I ran around the campus like some random idiot kid. Every student I passed by looked at me.

“Good morning principal!” I greeted him as I entered his office. And mind you, I have a big smile plastered on my face.

“Good morning Mr. Nolan.” He replied. “You’re in a good mood.” He commented on my energetic aura.

“Well… it’s a new day Principal." I said feeling a bit of relief.

“So what brings you here?” He gestured his hand towards the chair urging me to sit down. So I did even though this isn't going to be a long conversation.

“I thought about what you said the other day sir and I decided to take it." I said. “But instead of spending only my winter breaks at Angel’s, I thought maybe I could start the soonest possible."

Well yeah! I thought about what Chris said the other day and maybe I think I should give it a shot.

“That’s good to hear Mr. Nolan. I’m glad you decided to take it." He said while in the middle of scribbling something on his pad.

“Well… let’s just say…” I paused, “I’ve had a change of heart.” I joked. “So could you help me out with that?” I asked him.

 "I'll make a call..." He said.

"Thanks professor!" I said as I stood up.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hi there!”

All the students were looking at us as I stopped at Verna who is in front of her locker. Woah! Feels like the whole world stopped and everything was in slow motion. Everyone was all eyes and ears on us.

“Me?” She turned and asked. It was obvious that she was shocked. I can see it in her face. Even Sherri and Megan were too.

“Yeah you” I said casually. I went closer to her.

“And to what do I owe this pleasure Nolan?” She asked bluntly and resumed on fixing her things in her locker.

I faked a laugh ‘coz I can sense the irritation on her voice. Who wouldn’t be? All of the student's eyes were on us.

"Well, I figured... won't you thank me for lending Bernice's precious dress on you?" Now here I go again with my usual husky voice. Change Nate change! This is Verna. I saw her curl her brows and was quite confused.

“I mean... I just wanna grab lunch with you.” Everyone went murmuring and whispering when I said that.

“Lunch?” She said and turned to face me “With me?”

“You're bluffing right?” She said.

“Do I look like one?” I answered her and pointing to myself.

“Thanks but no thanks Nolan.” She said and walked away with her friends. This girl is really something.

I caught everybody whispering as the girl walks out from me.