The Boy In The Attic ~ h. styles

Title - The Boy In The Attic

Author/Writer - BabyBrit17

This story is beautiful, js.

Description-

What I felt for him was different then anything I'd ever felt before. It wasn't that I wanted to give him my heart or that I wanted him to give me his. It was just the simple fact that I could reach into his soul and he could see past the shade that covered up who I was.

I would've done anything for him and maybe those secrets he'd kept under the surface would test just how far anything went. That one little question and the answer I knew nothing about could change everything I'd grown used to.

"How am I supposed to save you?"

"Find me."

Warning: Contains mature content, mild language, and some content that may be triggered for readers.

Copyright © 2014 by BabyBrit17

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof

may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever

without the express written permission of the publisher

except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Prologue

"You've always been up here?" I asked quietly, not sitting down when he offered but instead after a few minutes had drug by and my legs became tired.

"Pretty much." He diverted his emerald gaze to look away into the distance and I somehow knew he was reliving whatever incident that had caused him to be here. "Um Harry?" I asked, still a little hesitant that that's actually his name. "Yeah?" he answered and I was relieved that I got it right.

"Can you touch anyone?" I knew as soon as I had said it, it sounded wrong. And I could only hope that he didn't take it that way. The cheeky little smirk that tugged at his heart shaped lips told me other wise. "No," he shook his head and looked away, trying not to laugh.

"I didn't mean it that way!" I protested picking up an old tattered pillow lying on the floor. Coughing, I slung it at him and laughed as it hit him in the shoulder. Not until he looked at me with emerald eyes the size of quarters did I realize that it hadn't gone through him.

He exchanged glances between both the pillow and I for what seemed like ages but were only seconds before he finally snapped out of his daze. "Throw something else," he said softly, turning to face me completely.

The request was odd but I done what he asked as I turned on my side to find something else. My fingers clasped around a broken pencil that was almost hidden in the thick layer of dust that coated the floor.

Turning back to face him, I threw the pencil in his direction. It caught him in the shoulder and even though it happened to be the sharp part, he didn't make a fuss about it. His eyes done the same thing to the pencil as they had done to the pillow.

"Let me touch you."

His request was simple and oddly understandable but I cowered away as he started to move towards me. "I didn't mean in that way," he copied my earlier statement. "Just please...let me see if I can feel your touch...if you can feel mine."

As he spoke he inched closer on his hands and knees. I wanted to move further away yet the thought of touching him glued me to my spot. I nodded my head slowly, feeling my heartbeat increase achingly fast as he diminished the distance between us.

He stopped a few meager inches in front of me, slowly outstretching a large hand with long slender fingers. He guided it towards my cheek and just as I thought he would make contact with the skin, he stopped.

"What if it doesn't work?" he mumbled to himself, looking to the floor in agony. His facial expression was that of utter disappointment. I said the only thing that came to mind. The plain and simple truth.

"Then it just doesn't work."

And with that he outstretched his hand again.

End---

i literally just died reading that again.

link-

http://www.wattpad.com/story/10885914-the-boy-in-the-attic

6 votes? 200 reads? for next update? xx