Chapter Four - A bedtime story

Sorry, I know that I should update more often, but I'm in the middle of my GCSE's that are highly stressful and so I haven't rally had time for writing as much. However I only have one more week of exams so hopefully, I'll have more time after next week. On with the chapter.

P.S. I watched the new Wonder Woman yesterday. It was amazing, as soon as the credits began rolling at the end I just wanted the film to replay from the beginning. It was so good.

Elijah's POV

"What do you mean?" My Sister asks, obviously confused

"I mean, that she was somehow able, to perform witchy magic whilst as a wolf" Niklaus states, clearly frustrated. My eyebrows furrow, but that's impossible...

"But that's not possible, you can't be a witch and a werewolf" Rebekah states, almost as if she was voicing my thoughts. Freya who had been stood there listening to the conversation decides to but in.

"Like Rebekah said, it's not possible, nature wouldn't stand for such" This being the first thing she's said to Niklaus in a while as he recently killed her gentleman friend. Typical Niklaus.

"Yes, Niklaus, are you quite sure that this is what you saw?" Deciding to involve myself with the conversation.

"Yes, I'm quite sure Elijah considering that's how she managed to snap my neck" Niklaus snaps, he's been quite irritable since I found him. Well, more irritable than usual. "That's not the only thing either" Niklaus continues, causing the rest of us to become intrigued in what he has to say. "Her eyes... They just changed..." He seems to zone out for a moment, as though taking a moment to relive whatever had happened before continuing. "They were like a dark blue, but they appeared to have gold flecks in them. They almost seemed to be glowing" Niklaus says, almost mesmerised, which causes me to raise an eyebrow. Niklaus hasn't been mesmerised in at least a few centuries. Rebekah also seems to notice his strange tone of voice as she gives him a confusing look.

"I've never heard of anything like that, within my whole time with Dahlia, and we pretty much saw everything there is to see, as she was power hungry and always searching for those with more power than us" Freya speaks, casting Niklaus a glance, wanting to know if there's any more information for us to know.

"Well, this wolf's definitely stronger than Dahlia, when her eyes glowed, I could practically feel the power radiating off of her, and it made Dahlia feel like nothing when compared" Niklaus states, seeming less frustrated than before, but frustrated never the less.

"So you're saying that there's this hybrid witch wolf, out there now, running around, doing God knows what, and we're just stood here?" Rebekah questions hypocritically, when she too, is just stood here.

"Well, what do you want us to do sister, we don't exactly have much to go on," Niklaus says with a glare, directed at Rebekah. I sigh, sensing an argument is going to break out. But surprisingly, Rebekah seems to back down after that. Niklaus looks towards me and I know that we're thinking the same thing.

If we don't do something fast, We're screwed.

Deep in the Bayeux (Third Person)

With pricked ears, the young wolf cautiously prowls through the trees, alert. The scent of a wolf on her territory, causing Nathalia to be careful, especially with Niklaus probably wanting her dead. The young wolf inhales the air to get a better idea of where the scent is coming from but halts mid walking with her left front paw up in the air, as she realises that instead of just the one wolf she had originally sensed, there was more. They were quite a distance away, near the borders of her territory, so she struggled to get a good hold on the scent. But what she did know that there was at least 12 of them. 12 wolves. Nathalia wasn't worried about them attacking her, as she knew she could easily take them, she was more confused than anything. For the wolves appeared to be coming from the pack that was just a little North of her territory, the pack to which she stole some oversized clothes on the day she went into the market. Thinking back now, Nathalia realised that, that was the day she'd formally met Niklaus, the vampire-wolf that confused her, but also sparked curiosity within her.