Article Eight: Mirror, Mirror

Anybody ever told that whatever you do will affect and always be opposite in the mirroring world?

That theory can be concluded through this.

School had been hectic so I started studying. That night, at the corner of my eye, I saw a cockroach. Instead of running away, I grabbed a slipper and smashed the insect repeatedly.

Of course, it went dead. I was so happy. I can finally prove my strength. I glanced at the mirror and saw me holding that slipper.

The next day, I couldn't stop scratching my face. It was so itchy. But then I had to cease, because my right cheek began bleeding. Naturally, I checked myself in my compact mirror. I saw a bunch of boys near a desk, talking. One went running out.

That was when I heard a blood-curdling scream.

And the next thing I knew, a jock came back to school with the left half of his face disfigured.

On my economics class, I was slicing carrots. I glanced at the wall mirror just as I accidentally wounded my left index finger. I saw a hint of red in that mirror.

A redhead was busily cutting her nails with her nail cutter, and she might clipped it off a little shorter. Blood came gushing out of the nailless finger. I actually saw the chipped off nail of her right index finger.

That night, I wondered about the incidents that happened. Coincidental?

Then my phone rang. It was a messsage from the number of the snobbiest girl in school that everybody hated.

I got your BF.

I knew it! He was cheating on me! I planned to go to his house and confront hima bout that matter, until I thought of something that would make it even better.

I grabbed the wall mirror and a knife.

I drove to his house. I got out of my car and knocked in his door. Sure enough, he was there to open it.

"Hey.."

"You lied to me!" I screamed at his face. I pushed him aside. I saw the snobby girl sitting on the couch, smiling at me like a witch.

I showed the mirror at my ex. He stared at it, then looked at me.

"What do you see?" I demanded.

He scratched his head, "Uh, a guy in Levi's?"

I cackled. "Really? Because what I see here is a jerk who cheated on me!"

I marched up to the snob girl. I, too, showed her the mirror.

"You! What do you see?"

"Get away from me, freak!" she slapped my hand, and the mirror went flying and... broke into pieces.

She started to get up from the couch, "You are such a..."

I didn't have time to listen to her drama. I ran up to my broken mirror. The sight made me grin. The knife would be useless by now. I picked up a mirror glass piece.

"You can't see it!" I screamed at them. The pair was looking at me like I was a monster. But, I continued, "For that, I will be happy to show how bad you two are!"

I plunged the glass into my left eye. Blood spewed out like a red fountain. It gave me luck.

"Gross!" snob shrieked. "Get her outta here!" but, my ex wasn't listening. He stood there, petrified.

Then, it happened.

I cranked the hurt level. I stabbed my abdomen multiple times.

It happened again...

Morning came. Two people were found dead in a house. Their right eyes were empty with eyeballs, just black sockets. Their abdomens were deep cut and slashed. Blood was everywhere. It dried up in the carpet. The house wasn't damaged. But, the couple didn't survive.

I still had that cut in my right cheek, the wound in my left index finger, my eyeball-less left eye, and the deep cuts and slashes in my abdomen. Totally opposite of what I've seen in the mirror--the jock with his left disfigured face, the redhead's right chipped off index fingernail, the pair's right eyes with no eyeballs and their once-bleeding abdomens.

Anybody ever told that whatever you do will affect and always be opposite in the mirroring world?

Now, you know how.

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late updates. Been busy with other stuff lately. Anyways, I know this is kind of cliche, but I had nothing more to write. So, leave comments, please. :)

Photo from PAS UN AUTRE