Article Three: Happy Birthday

Lila wished to have a cool birthday gift tomorrow. She wanted to have the best birthday present her parents would give. After all, she's turning sixteen. She switched off her lights and began to sleep, dreaming about her presents tomorrow.

The next morning, Lila woke up and saw the sky slowly turning into dark gray. Soon, it was pouring hard. The wind howled like a hurt wolf. Thunder boomed loudly and lightning emblazoned the already black sky.

Lila slowly descended the stairs. She walked to the kitchen. In there, her mother was cooking something. She turned around and smiled, "Good morning, birthday girl."

Lila yawned, "Mornin', Mom."

"The cake's in the dining room, darling," her mother said as she added something that made her cooking sizzle.

Lila went to the dining room and found her father with a newspaper. "Well, good morning there, Lila."

"Good morning, Dad."

Her mother stepped out of the kitchen and approached her husband. Together, they said happy birthday and sang her a birthday song.

"Hey, thanks, you guys," Lila said.

"Okay, it's time to slice the cake!" her mom gushed. She took out a knife and carefully sliced a piece and handed it to Lila's silver plate. Together, they ate the sweet.

After finishing breakfast, there came a news on TV that there would be no classes because of the storm. Her mother got out a huge box. She gave it to Lila.

Lila placed the box near her ear and shook it. She then shrugged, "Thanks!"

She proceeded to open the box, but before that...

"Mom, did you get me something round?" she asked.

"Yes, dear," her mother replied.

"Has a medium-sized circle in the middle ?"

"Yes,"

"Crystal white?"

"Uh-huh."

"Red?"

Her mother nodded. Lila beamed. Finally, she could have her own red-and-white web camera, since her first one broke two weeks ago. She unwrapped the green wrapping paper so quickly, she barely noticed she had a paper cut.

Inside, Lila was surprised to see a violet velvet pouch. She took it. It was tied close with a gold string. She slowly untied the pouch, taking her time.

When she was down to the last second of untying, she received the biggest surprise of all. There, in the pouch, sat not one, but a lot of red and white round things.

"Uh, Mom, Dad, what are these?" she asked, confused.

"Oh, it's your birthday gift, honey," her father replied.

"We had a hard time finding those, but at least you have them now," her mother chimed in.

"These aren't web cameras..."

She stared at her birthday gift and the gift stared back. Literally.

In the pouch were a dozen round eyeballs, with small circular pupils, crystal white sclera, and covered with fresh, red human blood.

______________________________________________________________________________

 And another one done! I guess I wrote another psychological thriller story here...

Please tell me what you think. Comment, vote, be a fan!