Week before the exam

As all of team Kuro search through the weapon store Akihiko seems to be the one studying the weapons closely.

Midori reaches for a katana but Akihiko moves her hand to the knives "I think you would fit more better if you use the knives, maybe you'll think of a creative way to use them." Akihiko suggests. Midori nods, picking up small knives.

"Hey Midori look at what I got!" Kana shouts, waving a chigikiri happily. Midori and Akihiko both smile as Kuroishi shouts for her to stop swinging it around.

Akihiko only got tools he can easily take off or burn off, planning to create a weapon with them.

After they purchased the weapons they soon run into team Gai, the man in green smiles brightly as he sees the mist team. "Hey youthful kids and Kuroishi! What a lovely day for training am I right?" he greets them with the same energy as always, he never really referred to Kuroishi as youthful due to the way he acts.

"Hey Gai, the team was just looking for a place to recreate their weapons and train, can we use this place?" Kuroishi asks. Gai instantly agrees, wanting to help out any friend of his.

"Midori! I've heard so much about you from sensei! Your as beautiful as he said!" Rock Lee, a taijutsu user dashes towards Midori, tackling her in a hug making them fall on the floor.

"Hey catabrows! Get your hands off of my girl!" Akihiko declares as he pulls Rock Lee off of Midori, who sits there slightly shocked at what just happened. She was only used to Akihiko doing that, having someone else do that felt wrong to her.

"Oh I was not informed! I apologize! You are one lucky man to have such a beautiful girl!" Lee bows dramatically to show his respect sincere apologies. A light seemed to click in Akihiko's head, he thought he would have to fight for Midori again, he smiles and holds his hand out to Rock Lee.

"My name is Akihiko Yamahata, hear to the Yamahata clan." he introduces. Rock Lee grabs his hand, shaking it firmly.

"I am Rock Lee, taijutsu user and student of Gai-sensei!" he says with a smile. Soon Tenten appears as she overheard Rock Lee.

"What is it no- oh, Gai-sensei who are these people?" she ask.

"Well their the team hidden in the mist, they came early for the chunin exams, one of them used to live here too!" Gai informs her.

"You mean the Midori girl?" Tenten asks. Hearing her name Midori looks up to see Tenten, she then reverts back to her book.

"How can you speak so highly of someone who betrayed their own clan, and killed their own mother?" Neji steps out of the shadows, glaring at Midori.

"She didn't betray her clan, if anything they abandoned her." Kana says, glaring at Neji.

"You shouldn't speak about events you haven't heard of, especially when you aren't even from this village." Neji replies, glaring even harder.

"You shouldn't comment about things when you yourself wasn't there to witness the truth." Midori says as she writes in her book. Neji looks at her in disgust, only to scoff.

"Like I haven't seen that face before." Midori mutters, of course Neji heard it, but he only left. Tenten sighs, but is left wondering.

"What did happen between her and the Tuchimaru clan?"

Soon the mist team got to business, Akihiko and Midori using the fire to bend and break weapons and place them ok other weapons to create new ones, Midori focusing on his instructions. Kana training with Kuroishi and randomly shouting "I will make you bleed sensei!". Team Gai occasionally glanced over to see what they were doing and Tenten seemed to be interested in what the Yamahata clan was about, seeing how Akihiko is skillfully making weapons and correcting Midori on her mistakes.

Neji didn't pay them attention but rarely looked over there, the only thought in his head "How is such a weak looking child able to murder the leader of the Tuchimaru clan, and survive in the mist"

------------------

Hey guys!

This chapter is short because its like a filler chapter but then again it isn't.

It is because I'm only doing this because I realized I didn't upload anything today and is preparing the chapter still, also because I wanted to make sure you guys know they are in Konoha's for about two weeks, the week before the exams and the week of the exams.

It isn't because of some parts of it. The part where they meet with Gai's team is important; its showing you how clans that heard the rumors are acting towards Midori, it shows how Lee gets along with Akihiko later on, it shows how protective Kana is over Midori, and it shows how Gai is one of the people who know the truth about what the Tuchimaru clan did to her.

I also wanted to make a chapter where Akihiko teaches Midori a bit about how he makes weapons and I find it cute.

Anyways I'll try to have the chapter up in less than three days.