Fun

I sat in my chair, quietly thinking to myself. I watched Stephan, Reed, and Hunter talk to each other. They were all so light-hearted and happy. For some odd reason… I couldn’t speak out. I felt too nervous to speak. Was it because I didn’t want to mess up how I worded my sentences? I mentally shrugged. Who knows. I gave up on thinking about something to say, and looked around the bowling alley.

Everywhere I looked, people were having fun and laughing. I suddenly began to question myself. What am I doing here? Am I having fun? Why did I follow a guy I barely even know? All these questions seemed to melt away, when I saw Tyler’s tall, familiar figure at the front counter. I practically breathed out a sigh of relief, and smiled. I excused myself from the table we were at, and felt the trio’s eyes follow me

“Hey, Ty!” I called as I walked up to him. He spun around, and immediately smiled when he saw me. “Hey, Doll,” he greeted me warmly. My mind flashed back to what Stephan had asked me. ‘Do you have a boyfriend?’ I began to envision myself in Tyler’s arms, and him kissing me on the lips. I blinked away the picture, and smiled back at Ty. Am I going crazy? I mean… I never really thought about it, but… whenever he talks to me… I feel really light, and as if I was the only girl in the world. He hugged my tall frame, and let out a happy laugh. Why am I thinking of this?! For goodness' sake! He is my best friend!

I decided to just let whatever happens, happen as Amber walked through the doors. Her pale blonde hair was pinned up, and her ocean blue eyes were wide and full of excitement. She stopped by Ty, not seeing me at first. “Honestly Ty! Where is she?! I-” she stopped talking when she finally saw me. “Enne!” the 16 year old happily exclaimed my nickname, and hugged me.

“Hello to you too, Amber,” I giggled. Amber let go, giving me a pearly white smile. “I haven’t seen you in so long! When I finally was invited to hang out, I was just so excited!” she said quickly. I nodded, remembering how when I first met her, Amber never talked to me. She honestly did not like me, but over the years, she grew to start liking me. “Come on, I want you to meet a few new friends I made,” I said. Am wrapped her arms around my left one, clinging to me. She stuck her tongue out at Ty, who ignored it, and walked with me back to the table.

“I thought you said your Tyler friend is a full on male? What on earth happened?” Stephan asked with a dramatically shocked voice. “I’m Tyler,” Tyler said from behind me, “She is my younger sister.” I looked over where Hunter was sitting, only to find him gone. “He went to go get the drinks and food he ordered,” Reed said, practically reading my mind. “Okay. Anyways, Ty, Amber, this is Stephan Farlands and Reed Harris, Hunter’s friends,” I introduced them. “How’s it going?” Stephan asked, a grin on his face. Reed nodded at them, a lopsided smile tugging at his lips.

Hunter came back, and set everything down. He faced Ty, giving him a smile, “Hey, glad to see you here.” Tyler nodded, “Yeah. Thanks for inviting us.” Amber stared at Hunter in awe. Hunter looked over at Amber, giving her a smile too, “You’re Tyler’s sister, Amber, right?” She nodded, not being able to speak for once. “It’s nice to meet you. So… who is on whose team?” Hunter asked, looking at everyone.

“I don’t care whose team I’m on, I just want to be with Adrienne,” Stephan said, standing up. “Alright then… who wants to be on my team?” Hunter asked. Reed stood, “Don’t worry, bro. I got you,” he said with a laugh. “That leaves you two,” Hunter said, looking at Ty and Amber. Amber looked at Ty with pleading eyes. “I guess I’ll be on your team,” Ty said, looking at Hunter. Amber smiled triumphantly. “All right. Let’s go pick out the bowling balls, and shoes, and get started,” Hunter said.

Stephan looked at Amber and me, “Let’s get going.” We got our shoes first, and then went separate ways to find bowling balls. “So, that Hunter guy is absolutely gorgeous,” Amber said, tagging along with me. I shook my head, looking at the weight of the ball I held. “Why are you shaking your head? If I weren’t already dating Baker, I would be all over him,” she said, leaning against the rack. “Well, that would suck. One, because I’m pretty sure your brother wouldn’t allow it. And two, Hunter would get in trouble for dating a minor,” I said, finally choosing one I liked.