three; "i'll see you on the other side, love."

•••

•••

It was a whole of five years that they spent together inside of Klaus' head, just so they could be together. They bonded over what they have both done since 1919. They spoke about how Klaus met Stefan in the 20's and how he finally broke his curse. He told her about Hope, about the trial and errors he'd gone through raising her, about how witches tried sacrificing her to the ancestors. And Belle listened, despite knowing every detail of the stories he told her around Hope.

But now they made new memories. They pretended as if Marcel hadn't subdued them for eternity. They were just together, exploring all the places and crevices in Klaus' head. Exploring old homes and people from centuries ago, doing whatever they wanted wherever they wanted—and whenever Klaus came back from whatever circus show Marcel used him for—treating him like a lion trained to jump through flaming hoops—they acted as if it never happened and continued their fun.

That was until Klaus' older sister, Freya—who Belle had discovered was alive and not dead from the plague like Klaus' mother had them all believe when she showed up to help in the fight against Dahlia—and Hayley found them in the drainage pipe Marcel stuck them in, a circle of spelled salt keeping them trapped.

When Klaus heard the sound of his older sister's chanting, he knew it was finally time to be saved. Quickly, he took Belle by the hand, giving her one last smile before he spoke, "Freya's here. I'll see you on the other side, love." With those final words, he promptly kicked her out of his head, opening his eyes painfully before he yanked the dagger from Belle's chest with every ounce of strength he could muster.

Belle awoke in an instant, gasping as she felt the blood continue its rush through her veins. She wasted no time in grabbing Klaus and pulling him from the spelled circle, knowing full well it was taking a lot of power from Freya and Hayley both as they did the spell. Once Klaus was back on the ground, Belle shoved her hand into his chest, causing a strangled gasp to leave the hybrid's lips as his eyes shot back open. "I'm sorry, Niklaus, I'll remove the blade as soon as I can," Belle couldn't help but apologize. Finally, her fingers grasped the blade that had buried itself so deep into his chest, pulling it out in on swift motion, causing a strangled groan of pain to leave the original hybrid. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Here," she tilted her head to the side, pulling her hair to rest on her opposite shoulder as she lifted Klaus' head. "Drink, you will need the strength more than I."

Despite Klaus' reluctance, he pierced her neck with his teeth, drinking only for a moment before he pulled back, a light trail of her blood falling down his chin. "Here, love, you're going to need it," he said, tilting his own neck in her direction, "You will suffer the wolf venom if you don't." Much like Klaus, Belle was reluctant, but knew she couldn't win a fight with the venom in her system—especially if they ran into Marcel. Quickly, she bit into his neck, drinking only enough to cure herself before pulling back. She watched his wound heal as she felt her finally do the same.