Part 3

We ran outside, darkness engulfing us as we went. We heard something strange. Almost like a cry for help. Joel and I decided to go see what happened, while everyone else stayed here. We decided only two of us would go, incase there was danger.

Another cry for help. It sounded like the cry was coming from the lake. The cries for help sounded like those of a human, but gee, for all I know, it could be a wounded animal. I was determined to save what ever was dying, It was a habit.

Joel and I jumped over the fence by the lake. I can just make out the shape of what looks like two feet sticking out of the water. We picked up as many rocks and sticks as we could. We then pelted towards the scene. 

I saw something in the water, and it looked like some sort of weed. I plunge my hand in the water to grab the weed, muttering curse words as I go. I pull hard on the weed, but it won’t let go. 

“Joel, hurry, help me pull this weed!” I said in a raised tone.

Joel hurried over and helped me pull on the weed that was holding this person down. The weed then came free after a few tugs. We pulled out the body and just as I had suspected, an unconscious Grace Helbig.

Grace, my dear friend, who wanted to come with us when we announced we were going camping. She made the awful mistake of lying that she would be a big help. Too bad for her, she had to say she’d be helpful, and my friends made the awful mistake of believing her. Little did we know, she would violate the rules, and become unconscious in a days time.

Joel picked up her body and he carried her back to the camp. We got to the cabin and set her on her bed. Toby called the camp paramedics and told them to come right away. 

The paramedics came and started doing their paramedic duties. After about an hour later, Grace was conscious again. She had some explaining to do.

“What the fuck were you thinking Grace? You could have died! We were all worried sick! Why would you do this?” I yelled.

“Woah, woah, woah, calm down Mercedes!” Grace replied.

"No! I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!” I was screaming at this point.