Chapter 6

Chapter 6

{Hunter's POV}

As soon as Valentine hurried out of the room, I turned to the guy she called her friend. We all knew he liked her more than just that. I knew the way he looked at her was a bit different the way he looked at other girls in class. His eyes contained love and happiness.

"You," I pointed a finger at him, "leave Valentine alone." I angrily left and began my search for Valentine. Knowing her, she'd run home. I went to the parking lot and found her getting into her car.

"Val, don't leave!" I yelled as loud as I could. Who knew where she'd go and what she'd do alone. Her head whipped around to find me starring at her.

"Leave me alone, Hunter. You've done enough." She said angrily, tears in her eyes.

"What did I do exactly?" I demanded, cocking an eyebrow at her questioningly. She pointed a finger at me, and her other hand was tightly clenched.

"If there's one thing I hate the most, it's attention, Blakewood. You know that!" She yelled.

"And why should you care what other people think, Valentine? I thought you didn't care?" I said. She hung her head and sighed. "I know this is a big shock to you--"

"No shit, Sherlock." I gave her a look, as if saying shut up for a moment and let me talk. "I'm shocked too, when I found out." I finally said. "my parents were talking about it one day and I accidentally over-heard them. Then after a few days, I confronted them. Now it's all good." She let out a humorless laugh. I almost winced as I heard it. it sounded so cold and unforgiving.

"Gee, I'm so happy for you. But guess what, I just found out less than twenty-four hours ago." Valentine said. "Look, Hunter. I know you told me some secret stuff about you.. but honesty, what do you expect from me? To fall in love with you after a few days? It doesn't work like that." She whispered.

I hung my head, I understood. It didn't take me a few days to fall in love with Valentine. It took me about a month or so. I had to know about her. I had to watch her from a far distance. She didn't know that though. She didn't feel my love for her. "I'm not giving up, you know," I stated firmly. She looked back at me with a puzzled look.

"Giving up where?" She asked, confused. I sighed.

"I'm not giving up on you. I'm going to make you fall in love with me," I said, my jaw set.

{Valentine's POV}

After the little scene with Hunter at the parking, I headed to the school with my head held high. Hunter was very determined to make me fall for him. Yeah, I scoffed to myself, like that was gonna happen.

"Val, where were you?" Farrah demanded angrily. I flashed her a big smile.

"I went to my car and got something, I'm okay now." I said.

"Umm, are you okay?" She asked, looking at me closely.

I nodded, "why the heck not?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure you were going to rush home just an hour ago." She looked at me worriedly.

I gave her a bright smile. "Nope, I'm pretty good. Thanks for your concern, Farrah." I skipped t my next class. I was obviously late, but meh. I already had detention anyway.

"You're late," The teacher said flatly. Way to state the obvious. I shrugged, not bothering to explain and sat at my usual seat. English was one of the subjects I didn't really study for. I mean, who the heck studies English in the first place?

The day passed by like a blur after that. But I did notice how popular I became. People kept looking at me and minding my business. So this is how celebrities felt like? Ew.

When everything seemed to be okay, Trinity walked up to me with her usual confidence. She was holding onto her pad and pen to take notes. She looked like a fangirl reporting for a local gossip website, gee.

"What do you want?" I sneered before she could say anything.

"I just came here to tell you that I knew something was up between you and Hunter Blakewood." She said with a sweet smile. I returned her smile with an oozing sarcasm.

"Aww, that's so sweet. So who do you work for anyway?" I shrugged. She raised an eyebrow.

"W-what? Work for? I don't work for anyone." Yep, Trinity was a rich business man's only daughter. It was law that she had to not work, like ever.

"I think you should become a news caster or something," I placed my hand on my hip, "considering that your attire is all for it and the things you're holding. By the way, where's your camera?"

Her face turned red. "I don't have one."

"Nonsense, every paparazzi has to have at least four." I waved my hand dramatically in the air. "So, where is it? There must be some very good pictures there. Anyone kissing, hugging or what?"

She looked taken aback. So it must be true. "Why do I even bother talking to you?" She seethed.

"Because I'm popular and your my pet dog?" I cocked my head at her.

"Pet what? I'm not a dog!"

"Oops, sorry. That might have slipped. I mean you follow me all the time." I said sweetly. Her eyes narrowed into slits and she stormed off.

Sometimes, I do wonder about that girl. Then I felt a light tap on my shoulder, I found Farrah behind me, grinning.

"Way to go, Val. You've got backbone! So, you ready for your first ever detention?" Don't even remind me, I groaned to myself but nodded anyway.

With a heavy heart, we headed to the room where they usually held detention in. I've never been in it, since this was my first time. Farrah kept reassuring me, but somehow I wasn't convinced.

"It'll be fine, Val. You're just overreacting, it's pretty awesome in there." She gave me a bright smile. "I'll introduce you to some people there if you like."

I weakly smiled at her, "thanks." I muttered.

We entered and the gush of wind hit me like a freaking truck. Damn. She kinda forgot to mention how cold it was there. I didn't even bring myself a jacket or at least a cami. I rolled my eyes the moment I read the words: DETENTION (1HOUR- 1ST OFFENCE. FOR REGULARS, YOU GET 2HOURS.) ENJOY. Was this shit serious or what? You go into detention and they tell you to enjoy? It was also a good thing that this was my first time, so I get only 1 hour in this hell hole they call a detention room.

"Hey guys!" Farrah waved happily as she tugged on my hand. "Everyone, meet my best friend Valentine. Val, these are Candid, Tally, and Lauren. They're semi-regulars here." I meekly waved at them and sat down next to Farrah.

"So why'd you get yourself into trouble, good girl?" Lauren snickered. I looked at her and shrugged.

"She's not in a good mood, it's her first time here." Farrah explained, gesturing to me.

"I thought she was a straight A student?" Tally asked. Farrah nodded, then quickly changed the topic. She knew how much I hated people talking about me. So pretty much dozed off around that time. Then a ring interrupted my sweet day dream.

"Newbs, out. Regulars, stay. Don't try and sneak out!" The teacher yelled. I grabbed all my stuff and hurried out of the room. I sighed in relief. I don't ever want to go back in there. Like ever.

~*~

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!! :)