Chapter Seven

I followed Monet back to where he small group awaited us. There were three dudes watching as we approached.

" 'Ese are the guys, Zack, Ace, And Man-Man, Y'all, This is my girl Jaila, She new 'round here, So she gon' kick it wit' us"She introduced and informed. They nodded in acceptance. We all started walking down the street. 

                                                                                      * * *

"Like yo' fit"Ace complimented me. Me and Monet sat in the back of a truck, We were behind Zack's house.

"Thanks"I said, Glancing up at him. He was taller than me ( I mean that's not saying much ) He was brownskin and had dreads. He was cute, But I wasn't trying to feel  anybody right now... Monet's phone began to ring.

"I'll be right back"She informed me, Sliding off of the back of the truck. I didn't really think much of it, I figured she wanted some privacy. She returned back, But she was off, Something was off anyways...I delved into conversation with Ace while she was gone.

"I think i'ma nice dude"He shrugged. "You ain't never gotta worry when you wit'us"-

"Is that right?"-

"Yeah, We family, We watch out f'each other"-

"We won't spike ya drink"Man-Man chuckled, Earning a jab in the rib cage from Monet. "You safe wit' us"He added, Glancing from Monet to me.

It'd gotten later than i'd realized. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. 

"We boutta hit up Ben an'em, Y'all down?"Zack asked. Monet looked to me.

"Umm...Actually, I should probably be getting back"I said, Looking down at my phone. 

"Okay, I'll walk you"Monet said. 

-

It didn't take long for us to get to the house. 

"Hey, There's gon' be'is block party on Saturday, I'ma be there, You should come."She spoke. We exchanged numbers before she left.

* * *

( Saturday )

I woke up earlier than usual. I wasn't surprised that Justin was awake. My Mom was already gone...Justin came into the living room, He looked surprised that I was up at this hour.

"What you doin' up?"He asked curiously. He didn't seem as on butt as usual. I shrugged. He went into the kitchen and fixed himself something to eat. "You hungry?"- 

"No, I'm good"I declined. I was looking through my phone. After he'd fixed himself something, He came and sat in the living room with me. Seconds later, Anaya emerged, Rubbing her eyes sleepily. She came over and climbed into my lap.

"Aye, You doin' anything t'day?"Justin asked. I shrugged, I hadn't exactly asked my Mom about the block party even though I planned to go. "I got t'day off, I heard'ere was gonna be some typa block party, An' I wanted t'know if you wanted t'go. I was gon' take Ny, Jus' t'go"-The fact that he was actually making an effort...

"I'll go, Yeah"I quickly answered. Justin and I's relationship has been a bit rocky, I don't like fighting with him. We used to be bestfriends, So close, always together...

"Cool, It's starts at like noon, So, be ready"He said before getting up and exiting. You could tell he was uncomfortable, But the effort was what counts.

( A few hours later )

Justin had left to go pick something up from the store

Justin had left to go pick something up from the store. But when he came back, Ny and I were dressed and ready to go.

"Well don't you look cute?"He spoke to his daughter. She giggled as she played on my phone. 

"You ready t'go?"I asked Ny who nodded eagerly. She handed me my phone before sliding out of my lap. We'd decided to walk, Because it was only a couple blocks away. Within minutes, We arrived on scene of the block party...

* Comment and Vote *