Chapter 10 - Districts United

Today was the last day before the Games truly began. John and Sylvia had spent the night together, just chasing away the nightmares. This last day could bring back a lot of unwanted memories, especially since they had that interview with Kellerman. Of course it would bring back memories for everybody, since they had all been there once before. But for once, there wasn’t actually much worry to about, at least for those who were a part of the secret plan. They didn’t really need to impress anyone as they didn’t plan on ‘playing the Games’. For once, they didn’t even have to worry about Snow, as he had been there breathing down all the victor’s necks since they won the Games. He would be busy enough doing damage-control with the two victors from District 12.

As the sun shone through the window, John woke up to a sleeping Sylvia resting her head on top of his chest. He could look at her like that forever, if it wasn’t for the fact that they had to get up. “Hey, sunshine…we better get up and going.” He said carefully as she woke up and looked at the time. “Seriously, is the time that much already? It feels like it’s way earlier.” She said with a winy tone. John chuckled lightly. “Come on, sleepy-head. We need to get up and ready for the big interview.” John said as he put on his leg. She noticed his tone and got up like her grumpy self. John chuckled lightly at the sight of her. “Oh, shut up, John!” She said as she hit the showers.

As John got out of her room, he saw the designers were standing there. “How long have you been waiting for us to get up?” John then asked. He looked at Lizzie first and then at Lavio. “We haven’t been here that long…” Lizzie answered, but she could tell that John didn’t believe her. She let out a deep sigh as she saw she had to tell him. “Almost two hours, but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you’re both up and about. We need to get you two ready in a hurry.” She said as she had someone in her prep-team carry John’s outfit to his room. John was about to walk away before he saw the dress Lavio had planned for Sylvia. “Lavio, my good friend, I hope you have a plan B because that’s not going to work with her today.” John said with a warning and friendly tone before he took off.

“You actually waited for us to wake up for two hours?” John then asked as he was helped with his outfit. The jacket was a little stiffer than the last time, but it was probably incorporated with some wood. “Well, we didn’t want to wake you two up. When a boy and a girl spend the night in the same room, in the same bed, one quickly jumps to conclusions here in the Capitol.” She answered slightly smiling. John was just about ready as Lizzie introduced the last item to the suit. “Wow, I haven’t seen that one in a while.” John then said. It was the walking stick from five years ago. “I guess you haven’t had much need for it, but it suits well with the suit and they really liked it the last time.” She then said. John smiled.

As he got out of his own room, he saw Sylvia was already there with the dress that Lavio had made her, but slightly modificated. “Wow, you look stunning.” John said as he first got to look at her entire body. She seemed more comfortable in this one. “Thank you, handsome. You know, this dress actually feels comfortable to wear. I’m not so sure Lavio made this dress.” She said teasing. “Well, you look comfortable wearing it and nothing is better than to see you this comfortable.” John said with a smile. “Now, are you ready to go down there and kick some Capitol-ass?” He then asked, feeling awkward just saying those words. She chuckled lightly. “I love it when you talk like that…because you’re not particularly good at that.” John chuckled lightly. “But appreciate you trying though.” She blinked as he offered her his arm. “Are we all set?” Calliope asked as they turned to her and nodded.

Once they got down, they saw everybody else in their interview-outfits. They were all of course inspired by their districts, but many of them had big flaws. “You know, I think we’re doing pretty well if you look at the rest.” John then said as they got to their spot in the line. Sylvia smiled weakly. Well, she was smiling until Katniss stepped out of her elevator with a big white dress. “What is she wearing?” Sylvia then asked as John’s attention was quickly at Katniss. “Oh, wow…that’s a little extensive for the occasion, don’t you think?” John then asked Katniss. She had already noticed Sylvia’s comment. “President Snow made me wear it. Considering there won’t be a wedding, he wanted the people to see it.” Katniss said rather unhappy about the fact.