Lady Lihua

That night Lihua found out what happened to her other family members and how they were able to meet up with each other.  While Dai informed the group with what happened to them.  Takeshi held on to her hand the whole time, unwilling to let her go, unwilling to let her out of his sight.  

"It is good that Lady Lihua is safe."  Thorin said.  "I am especially thankful for your help in saving my children."  

"There are no thanks to be said.  I was lucky to find them.  It was the right thing to do.  Besides, we do have a alliance for a reason."  Lihua tells him. 

"And those animals."  Thorin pointed out.  "They are yours?  Dai says they don't die."  

Lihua smiled at Thorin and told him the truth.  

"Yes they belong to me. And my animals can die."  Lihua tells him, but didn't tell him how they could die.  There were too many ears listening to their conversation.  

"Ah, I was misinformed then."  Thorin said as he looked at Dai.  Dai shrugged his shoulders.  "Dai also said you promised the destruction of the royal Yukah family on behalf of my daughter for what they did to her.  There is no need for you to take our alliance that far.  As her Father, it is my responsibility to ensure her safety and protection.  I will take the responsibility to ensure that they pay for what they did to her."  

"Nonsense, Master Teacher Thorin.  The words I promised your daughter, were words I said that I cannot easily take back.  Nor were they words just words of comfort for your daughter.  When I said those word, I meant every one of them.  Should her heart not be content with the death of Prince Aiguo and those involved, then the whole royal Yukah family should answer for his crimes."  Lihua tells him calmly.  "Besides, with what we've gone through together here in Phantom Mirage and what we are going to face in the next couple of days, don't you think we are long past being strangers to one another?" 

"It seems that I cannot change your mind."  Thorin said as he stared at Lihua.  

"No."  Lihua tells him.  "You cannot."  

"Then there is nothing for me to do, but thank you and Hell King in your assistance."  

"It is my pleasure."  Lihua told him.  "They'll learn not to mess with the Lei Clan." 

Thorin froze.  The way Lady Lihua said the last sentence reminded him of his mother.  How his mother was always protective of the Lei Clan and her family.  She was someone who everyone feared in the Lei Clan.  To everyone, she was the Master Poison Assassin, but to him and his family, she was their mother and their grandmother.  She was hard and yet warm to them. She was the best mother he could ask for.  The best person he knew.  And for some reason, the more time he spent with Lady Lihua, he kept thinking about his mother. Sometimes, it was in the way she talked.  Sometimes, it was in the way she moved.  Sometimes, it was in the way she listened to his children and nephew as if they too were part of her family.  And now, that her veil is off, he could now see how it was also in the way she looked at them too.  

She always looked at them with a sense of happiness and sadness.  Always with a smile and yet sorrowfully.  She kept an eye on them even when she spent time with her husband, she made sure to take care of them, as if they were part of her family.  Why would she treat them like so?  Why does she remind him of his dead mother? 

"Are you okay?"  Lihua asked worriedly.  "Thorin?" 

Lihua forgot about etiquette and called Thorin by his name, which surprised Thorin greatly.  She was always one who held a high standard to manners and etiquette.  Why is it that she forgot herself in that moment?  Is it because of him?  Was she worried for him?  

Takeshi cleared his throat before talking.  

"Are you alright Master Teacher Thorin?"  

"Ah- Yes!" Thorin said as he laughed off his thoughts.  "My Prince is still out there.  He knows to travel North to meet up with us.  Should we find ourselves on the Northern coast and he not be there, it can only mean one thing.  I am willing to wait for him for a couple of days to ensure he won't be coming before exploring for treasures."  

"We can do as you suggest."  Takeshi agreed.  "Your Prince is someone we must find."  

"I wouldn't know how to face the King and his brothers should something happen to him."  Thorin said worriedly.  

"He should be fine."  Takeshi said.  "With your teachings, he knew what he was getting into when he came here.  We should keep our thoughts positive until then."  

Thorin nodded and agreed with him.  Sora, who have been with Takao and Chiyo came running towards their group.  

"Lady Lihua!  You must come help!"  Sora said between breaths.  "Chiyo--she...come quickly I'll explain on the way!"  

Lihua got up with Takeshi standing with her.  Sora led everyone towards their location, everyone decided to join him as they saw their Master and Mistress leaving. There was no point in staying if their Master and Mistress left.   As they traveled deeper into the forest and upstream, the river became bigger, a huge waterfall could be seen up head.  On top of the waterfall was two figures.  One was Chiyo, she looked like she was ready to jump, while the other one, Takao, was trying to talk her out of it.  

"We followed her because we knew what happened to her.  She was acting strange when she left, as if it was the last time she was going to see us.  So we were worried and followed her.  We tried to stop her, but she won't listen to us.  I came back to get you because maybe she'll listen to you."  Sora said worriedly.  As they ran towards the two people who stood on the cliff, Takeshi took over the situation.  

"Men, keep watch!  Some of you wade into the water, should things go bad, catch her!"   

The Devil's Soldiers acted accordingly to his orders without question.  Takeshi hooked his arms around her waist and flew towards the two people arguing.  

"Don't try to stop me!"  Chiyo cried.  "I can't stand living anymore!  I just keep on thinking back to what happened!"