Chapter one

*CRACK SLAM BOOM other noises *

*CC's point of view*

The town we had landed in was totally deserted at night. There wasn't a single soul in the streets. But we could all see the warm glow of lights in the houses shimmering in the darkness.

We were standing in James Potter's driveway.

What!? We went back too far!

"Kindaloo, we went back too far." I mumbled, glancing around nervously.

"No we didn't." She said confidently, half smiling at me. As she smiled, a cut reopened, blood trickling down her chin. She had ash and blood (whether it be hers or someone else’s, I have no idea) smudged across her face. She spit into the palm of her hoodie after she pulled the sleeve up, and tried to wipe most of it off. As the green and black hoodie smudged and got dirty, her face got cleaner. It was presentable. What was she planning?

"C'mer CC, you're a mess." She said quietly, pulling me forward. She spit into her sleeve once more (I didn't even care at this point, with what all the things I've seen and have been through these last few years.)And wiped whatever she saw off my face that she could. We looked presentable after a few more minutes of fixing each other.

"We need to get into his room, at least into the house." Kindaloo looked at the house, then to me. I nodded sulkily, not wanting to go into the house of James Potter.

"It'll be fun, I promise." Striding up the lawn, her short frame ducking under branches and weaving through bushes that littered the yard of the large house. She reached the door with me standing a few feet behind her.

"Punch me in the face." She said.

"What?!"I gasped, "No! You just cleaned up, I'm not doing that."

"Fine." She smashed her face against a concrete cherub lawn ornament, effectively reopening the wound on her cheek. Her lip was still bleeding.

"How do I look?" Kindaloo mumbled, glancing in the window that had the curtain shut tight, letting her reflection show in it.

"Positively badass. Why did you do that?" I asked, wondering why my best friend had smashed her face in on purpose.

"The sympathy card has always worked well in my favour. They will have no choice but to help a beaten girl and her bruised up friend. I'm the daughter of Regulus Black, and I am the Slytherin outcast. What else am I supposed to do?" She looked up at the house, wondering.

Were we doing the right thing?

Too late, she knocked.