Chapter 3

Tiger's POV

I was freaking out, a little... Ok, a lot!!

First she wanted to get rid of me. Then, she was in that other room, I could not see her or touch her and that added to my panic. I got up from the bed and stretched just enough so I could jump off without hurting myself. I was still so stiff from the events from last night, well actually from the past few months, but I did not want to think of that, not yet anyways. I only wanted to focus on her and what joy and peace being close to her was bringing me, after the hell I had been through, I thought I really deserved some happyness. 

How ironic - me with a mate, well I guess my scheming grandmother would be thrilled if she knew her little experiment had finally worked. Again, not something I wanted to think about now, I needed her and she was in there, taking a shower, away from me.

I got closer to the door, and felt the panic receding a little, the closer I got. Unfortunately the door was closed shut and I was not in a position to open it.

I laid down as close to the door as I could and try to relax and think. I needed to come up with a plan. It was out of the question that I could let her give me away, she was just a few feet from me now and I was physically hurting from the distance, any further, I had no doubt it would kill me faster than those damned hunters had tried. 

I closed my eyes trying to focus on her, she was human, definitely. Beautiful, of course. Brown long hair, brown eyes, so unusual from our own females who were mostly fair with green or blue eyes. It just added to her appeal. She also obviously knew nothing about my world or magic. Yesterday she had felt nothing of the dark magic was surrounding me, hurting me and binding me. She was able to rid me of the dark enchanted ropes that were slowly killing me. The fact that she was able to touch those horrible ropes without been hurt, was enough to prove that she had a beautiful soul. But I did not even need to know that, just looking into her eyes, for the first time, I felt it, in my own heart. I thought I was going to die, and I breathed out my last breath, releasing a piece of my soul. As she was talking to me, close to my face, she breathed it in and the connection was instantaneous. In turn I breathed her in, taking advantage of the fact that she was still talking and all the sudden I was saved, I had a mate. The first one ever for one of my kind.

The door suddenly opened and I almost tipped over since I was leaning against it. 

"oh, what are you doing down there Tiger?" she asked, obviously not expecting a response from me.

She scooped me up and carried me to the bed. I felt such a relief being in her arms, and also instant heat, as she was only wearing a towel around her. I could have stayed like this for an eternity, the joy, the peace and the love over taking me, but too soon she dropped me gently on the bed and turning around to get some clothes on. I tried not to peak as she got dressed, her back turned to me.

Oh hell... who was I kidding I could not stop myself from looking at her. She was beautiful, round and curvy. All too soon she was dressed in a shirt and pants and turn back to me. Got on the bed next to me and I all but jumped into her laps, so happy to be close to her again.

She laughed, "well kitty-tiger you really seems to be doing so much better, I am glad. Now let's see what we can do to find you a good home"

My heart sunk. Hell, how am I going to get her to see that being away from her would destroy me? Obviously I was going to have to talk to her, and quickly, in this form that would be impossible. 

She picked up her cell phone and asked for a listing for a animal clinic. Obviously the one we had gone to last night. The vet had done a nice job of cleaning my wounds up, but I really could have done without those horrible shots he had giving me. Not even mention the dreadful paste he had convinced her to feed me today. I had not needed him though she did not know it. Being close to her, her touching me was enough to heal me. That is what a mate does for you, or at least that is what I had been told. Mate knowledger was only theoretical to me since I had never expected to have one myself. This was uncharted territory for cat shapeshifter like me, then again I was not quite like the others of my kind, my grandmother had seen to that.

She started talking: "hi, I brought a cat in last night and I was wondering if I could talk to the doctor I saw yesterday, yes I will hold..." she started petting me. God I loved it sooo much... Especially in that spot right behind my ears...

" hi doctor my name is Elisa, I was there last night with a cat... Yes, he is doing so much better what you did for him is amazing, I can not believe how well he looks now. I was calling to find out if you could help me finding him a place to live, you see, I did not really explained to you last night, but I am only here for a few days, I actually live in Florida. I can't really care for him here since I am in a hotel and I had not planned on adopting a cat. I don't even know if I could take him with me on the plane. So you see I really need to find him a home. Is there anyway you would know a family who would want him. He is really lovable and affectionate. I think he would make a great pet"...  "oh, ok... sure I can come by tomorrow so you can take a look at him... yes,.... thanks for asking around, I will make an appointment with the receptionist. Thank you doctor" and she hung up.

I looked up at her into her lovely eyes, hell I really needed to decide how to tell her who I am and who she is to me. I can't loose her, not when I had just found her...