chapter 2

I paid the enormous vet fee (even discounted). They set me up with a few essentials for taking care of the cat and then called a cab to take me back the hotel I was staying at. Thankfully it was already past midnight and I was able to sneak past the people at the reception without being seen. I did not think they would appreciate a maybe dying cat in one of their room!

I was staying in a small room but with a large king size bed. I tried to figure where I would be able to have him stay, he looked very out of it, but I had noticed that every time I had to let go of him, he started to whine and tremble, I figured I really needed to keep him warm. I took all the towels from the bathroom and settled him on the bed next to me. I was to start trying to feed him with a nutritious paste the vet have given me, early in the morning. I got ready for bed, as I was exhausted. As I laid my head on the pillow, I was a little freaked out  to think that I might be sleeping and maybe waking up to him being dead. But as drifted to sleep I saw 2 green eyes looking back at me and I all the sudden I felt calm, then I slept. 

The next morning, I woke up, sweating, something very warm and soft was laying across my neck. It was heavy too! Not being a morning person, it took me a few minutes to get my bearings... The thing across my neck was the cat, sleeping on me.

"Hold that thought..." was he sleeping or...

I was almost afraid to move to find out. When I felt him breathing softly against me, I was so relieved. I gently pushed him back to the towels I had set. And quickly went to the bathroom.

When I got back, i took the time to really look at the cat. He looked better already, his fur was still a mess but the vet  had cleaned him up really good. I got some water and the paste the vet had given me, along with some syringe I was to use to feed him and got his mouth opened to pour in a little water. I was expecting some trouble, some kind of resisting, but now as soon as I started to give him the water, he started to drink it.

"poor kitty, you must have been so thirsty..."

"let's try the paste now" that did not go as well but it still was not too bad. When I was done I started petting him gently. He really looked like he was enjoying that, I could almost hear a pur, so I laid back down, feeling exhausted.  

"it is a good thing I am on vacation, I don't have to get up early" I said to him. "I am going to have to find you a name... What do you think of Fluffy?" I laughed. "maybe not... What about tiger? That would suit you seeing your coloring... Yes I guess Tiger it is.... For now..." I started to drift back to sleep, and I swear I  thought I saw Tiger smile a little...

When I woke, again, i still felt warm, and this time I felt something warm and furry laying across my stomach. And it was heavy too! Again it took me a little while to understand where I was (I really hate waking up). Tiger was looking very comfortable laying across my stomach - me, not so much... I picked him up gently and laid him back on the bed.  He just watched me, with his beautiful green eyes, as I went to get him a bowl for water and the syringe for the paste. My own stomach was growling, I had missed breakfast downstairs I noticed, but I could still call for room service, so I decided to do that. Tiger was drinking the water on his own, but he did not look too keen on the paste. "you are going to have to eat some of that, otherwise I will have to force feed it to you." he just looked at me. Darn cats! I love them but getting them to do anything was so difficult.

He really looked a 100% better from last night. His eyes were clear and held a strong intelligence in them. I guess that expensive medicine the vet had given him, really had done some wonders. 

Room service arrived, but I took the tray instead of letting the server come into the room, seeing that I did not want to be kicked out for having an animal in the room. Which reminded me to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I set the tray on the bed and starting eating, all the sudden Tiger looked very interested in that food.

"tell you what, I will share with, I am going to mix a little of my ham with the paste, so you have to eat it" he did not look too happy about seeing me cutting little pieces of ham and mixing them with the paste on a plate. I put the plate in front of him and waited to see if he was going to eat on his own. "it is that or the syringe" I said. I thought I heard him sigh , but he started eating, and I went back to my own plate.

"so now, I need to see what I am going to do with you. I can't leave you in this room, you could be discovered by a maid while I am gone, but I don't want to be stuck here during my entire trip, not much of a vacation..." I thought about it for a while. "I guess seeing how much better you look already, I could try to see that refuge place, they would not put up to sleep now, or maybe ask that vet from yesterday if he knows any family that would want to adopt a cat... I could find you a nice family that would take care of you and you would be all set..." I smiled and finished my plate, Tiger was just laying having finished his tray and looking at me, he did not look happy at all. I petted his head, collected the tray to put it outside, then went to the bathroom humming to myself, a nice shower would maybe wake me up. I was still so tired...

Tiger's POV:

I was so pissed, how could she think of giving me away? That would kill me!