Chapter 2- Windows to the Soul

Marcus POV...

The door to my room slam open, before my cousin Micheal back away and cover his eyes, "Man cover yourself," he grabs up a towel and flung in my direction.

I wrap it around my waist, "get up my pet, and go clean yourself up," I watch as my entertainment left my room, "You know damn well whenever my door is closed it means to stay the hell out."

"She's here," Michael says rolling his eyes.

"What the hell do you mean she's here, you mean more of my playmates?" I ask with a smirk.

"No, your fiancee is finally in Canada, could you try and clean yourself up and try not to do anything you'll regret this time?" He asks.

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"You know what I mean Marcus, besides there something I need for you to see."

"Can't it wait?" I ask feeling annoyed.

"You insolent little_" he entered my mind numerous images flickered in my head, then stopped, I sat down.

"Her eyes, I've never seen anything like them before,"I look up at him.

"Are you still planning to get rid of this one too?" Micheal asks.

"Maybe just not yet, she seems as if she has something to offer," I laid back.

Before Micheal could continue the door to my room slammed open, "Sire, Prince Micheal we have a slight issue right now."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Somehow werewolves have intruded onto our lands, and they want a war," the guard said, "What should we do?"

"This doesn't make any sense, we haven't had an attack in the past two hundred years why now?" Micheal asks looking over at me.

"I told you she had something to offer, gear up and get ready for war, lock down the castle, make sure we have guards posted all over the castle, and every inch of our land is secured and ready for anything, Micheal lets gear up for some fun."

"As you wish, asshole," Micheal muttered under his voice.

"I heard that."

"Well duh you are a vampire, you're supposed to."

Athena POV...

I was standing and staring down the balcony taking in my view, the wind blew my hair over my shoulder, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sweet kisses of the wind that prickled my beautiful dark skin, my eyes snapped open when I sensed that there was someone behind me, I turned around and came face to face with a blue-eyed girl.

"My name is Brittney and I will be your maid during your stay here," she looks up at me and stared into my eyes, "Your eyes?" She looks away, "Sorry it was rude of me to say, you need to sit that your servants can help to get you ready for tonight."

"And what tonight?" I didn't want to answer her question because I could see how much she was in fear of what I would say or do.

"You will be meeting your husband to be."

"Great, I can't wait," I said sarcastically.

The door to my room opened and several women entered my room. I was placed in a chair where they began their torture on my beautiful skin. Pull after pull, tug after tug, scream after scream "Are you people going to kill me?" I screamed for the hundredth time. They didn't stop instead they continued with their torture, the saying 'beauty is a pain' came to mind with the next scream that erupted from my throat.

They plucked my eyebrow, washed my hair, not to mention they waxed my legs, they clipped my fingernails, after that they pushed me into the shower, the hot scorching water burnt me, they dried my hair with a blow drier which had scorching heat burning my face.

Finally, I got upset and grabbed it and threw it, shattering it after colliding in the wall, "take that demon away from my face," I hissed," but unfortunately they had a next one.

They were finishing up my nails and feet, when the doors to my room open, when a tall man with a strong French accent walked in, "everyone please leave, I will take it from here."

Everyone left except for Brittney, "Get me my makeup kit, Brittney."

The skinny man ran a finger through my hair,"Tsk, tsk It's so tragic, that this is how they treat princesses in your dimension," grabbing my hair away from his hands.

"There is nothing wrong with the way I look."

He looks over at Brittney and back at me, "you have self-esteem, I think I might like you," he turns to back to Britney, "Marcus is going to have a blast with this one," he said before he started my hair.

I was tired, I was even a little anxious about how I look since as he hid all the mirrors from me, I watched as Brittney painted my nails red.

He turned the chair around that I was sitting in, "Open your eyes my precious dime". I looked at myself.

"Wow, I clean up good," I said winking at myself.

"You're one of the best one I have ever gone all out for, but I can't help but look at your eyes, what happened?"

I smiled a little, but hated this question regardless of who asked, "When I was younger, my mother was barren no matter what she did, should couldn't get pregnant, somehow word had gotten out that my mother cannot produce and heir to the throne but one night my mothers prayers were answered, a witch broke into my parents castle and offered her an elixir that would solve her problems, but it came with a cost... my eyes," I look up at them when a tear slipped from my eyes.

"Thankfully here on Earth we have science," he went over to his makeup kit and bought a small jar over to me "These are contact lenses," he unscrewed it and opened my eyes and insert them, "Now no-one will know, it'll be our own little secret."

The door to our room slammed open, when a guard walked into the room, "We are under attack."

I raised my eyebrow and stood up instantly on my feet, "by who?"

"Not by who, but what, those mongrels are called rogues, Sebastian make sure that she stays here in her room, and that she's safe," Sebastian nodded his head and then the guard left.

"I'm going to help," I wrap my hair in a tight bun.

"Um, I don't know if you've realized this, but that's the opposite of keeping you safe," I open the door of my room and walked in the hall and returned with a sword.

"You know I will get in trouble don't you?" He asks I could see the worry on Brittney's face.

"Unless I get caught, now do me a favour, do you have anything in black I could wear?"

"The king is going to kill me."

"Correction, the king is going to kill us," Brittney chimed in.