Chapter 50. Tweets.

Chapter 50

Mia's POV

When I walked into the house, all I could hear was nothing but the ticking of the grandfather clock in the living room. On the fireplace was a photo framed of my mother and I sitting on the bench in the backyard. It stirred a mix of emotions through me but one that stood out the most was - happiness. At least we took one picture together. Now I had evidence to show that we reconciled. It wasn't my imagination. It wasn't a dream although it felt like one. It was real.

I made my way to the kitchen and dining room where we started to eat once she was able to get out of bed and I would help Darcy and Fancy cook. Now that mum was gone, they no longer had to the obligation to be here. Ms. Wickham had now returned home, leaving the house all to myself. This time, it would be lonely without them and mum. This wasn't how I imagined life would be after all this. All I thought about was Zayn and our future. Hopefully we still had one.

He was coming back in two weeks and I really wanted to see him. But I couldn't. Not yet. Drawing attention was the last thing I wanted to do for it could ruin my reputation as the only inheritor of my parent's industry.

As hunger took over my senses, I decided to make myself an omelette. It was the only thing I knew how to make well and without anyone here, I could make a big mess if I wanted. No one would lecture me. No one would complain about me being a slob. Except mum would. I could still hear her faint voice in the air telling me the right amount of salt and how to hold the pan correctly. I hated to admit it, but I missed her. She was a nice woman and it was a shame we couldn't be together for longer.

After I placed the deliciously bacon filled omelette on a plate and poured myself a cup of orange juice, I settled down on the couch facing the television. Something interesting had to be on. I would watch anything to distract me from going crazy on this quiet Saturday. When I switched the screen on, what appeared almost cause me to choke. It was Zayn's favorite movie. The one he would watch constantly those times when we were in hiding from the paps.

Scarface, was it? Or was it The Godfather? Who knows. It had been too long since I've last seen it. I decided to watch what was left of the film as I gradually finished my breakfast.

***

Every day for the past two weeks was an endless routine - wake up, morning run, shower, eat, ponder in the backyard, reminisce the wonderful memories, eat again, then sleep, repeat. Something I was definitely used to but no longer enjoyed.

When I woke up from my afternoon nap, I looked outside the window to see that it was already dark. I must have dozed off whilst watching some television since the screen was still blinking in the dark room. My hand rubbed my tired eyes, trying to awaken myself.

What's the first thing I saw when my eyes fixated on the screen?

Zayn's face. I quickly searched for the remote and turned up the volume to hear what the news was.

When I mentally tuned in, the female news reporter spoke, "...mysterious tweets. Seems like our Zayn has been homesick and who could blame him? I'm sure thousands of fans are happy you're home. When we spoke to the former 1D member, this is what he had to say..."

The shot changed to Zayn being interviewed as he sat in a chair with a black background. He was wearing a white tee shirt with a light blue corduroy jacket and he had a black beanie on.

"So describe your tour in America for us in one word." The same brunette reporter demanded, flaunting her perfect teeth through her smile.

"It was unbelievable. If I had enough strength to do another concert there again, I would do it in a heartbeat." He said, his voice still cool like before. He hadn't changed at all since the last time I saw him. That stubble of his was still there, his hazel eyes glimmered from the lights behind the scenes. I couldn't help my heart flutter at the mere sight of him.