It Demands To Be Felt: Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Chapter Playlist!

"Rememo" by Kings of Leon

"Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra

"Rivers and Roads" by The Head and the Heart

hope you guys like this! I had to make up a new sister for Louis cause I didn't want to say anything about his real ones. but just imagine Olivia as a tiny version of Lottie or Fizzy :)

enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

"Lou. Lou! oh my god, she's putting it in her mouth, Lou..."

it was a cold, cloudless saturday night, and Harry and Louis were cooking dinner at the Tomlinson house while Louis's mum was out with her friends. the boys were put in charge of Louis's half-sister Olivia, who had just entered the annoyingly dangerous "choking hazard" phase of her life. she was attempting to shove anything and everything down her two-year-old throat: toys, socks, silverware, Louis's homework, tv remotes, even Harry's new phone, which was being chewed on at the moment.

Louis called from the kitchen, "just take it away from her, Harry, she's not an animal. she won't bite...well, I suppose she will. but there's nothing we can do about that."

warily tugging his phone out of Olivia's mouth, wiping the slobber on his shirt and shoving it into his back pocket, Harry bopped the baby on her tiny nose and picked her up off the floor. he strolled into the dining room and leaned against the wall, bouncing Olivia on his hip and peering into the kitchen. "is it almost ready? I'm hu-"

Louis glared from his position at the stove. "don't even start it, Styles. it'll be ready when it's ready." he stirred something that looked strangely like Velveeta in a saucepan and reached to grab a spice from the pantry.

"well, what are you making, at least?"

"it's a chicken and broccoli casserole with cheese sauce. tastes better than it sounds."

"ew!" Olivia stuck out her tongue and giggled. "broccoli's my least favorite."

gently tapping his baby sister on the head with his spoon, Louis replied, "well, Livvie dearest, that is why this stuff is for me and Haz. you are getting a pizza. if I can find it, that is."

"I got it," Harry smiled, strapping Olivia into her high chair and opening the freezer door. "do you want pepperoni, Liv, or cheese?"

"cheese, please, daddy!" she grinned.

"okay, gotcha." he pulled a box out of the freezer and started to open it. "do you want--wait, what did you call me?" Harry looked up and frowned.

Olivia laughed and beat her tiny fists on the table, squealing, "CHEEEEEEEESE!!"

Harry shook his head. "no, you said--"

Louis smirked. "she thinks you're her father."

the baby laughed and pulled her hair over her face. "daddy, look! I'm a monster!"

eyes wide, Harry nodded. "scary," he told her, and then, turning to Louis, "why? I'm only a bit older than her, I'm not dad material."

"she doesn't know that," Louis said under his breath, pouring some broccoli into a glass container and drizzling the cheese sauce on top. "my mum has brought home so many boyfriends that Livvie doesn't know who's who. none of us do, honestly. they all just slur together." he shrugged and pushed the casserole into the oven and shut the door, shooing Harry out of the kitchen with his potholder.

"wait, her pizza--"

"I got it," Louis waved him away and walked back into the kitchen, taking the frozen pizza out of the box and set it in the microwave. "keep her occupied, or she'll start eating her hair."

Harry snorted and sat down next to the girl, grinning at her and tucking tiny strands of her golden hair behind her ears. Louis stood next to the microwave, waiting for it to ding and smiling fondly to himself as he watched his best friend making small talk with his little sister.

"daddy?" Olivia asked quietly.

"I hate to say it, love," Harry smiled softly, "but I'm not your daddy. I'm sorry, babe. but you can call me Harry."

"okay..." the girl nodded slowly and mumbled Harry, tasting the name and running it along her lips. "so... Harry?"

"yes, Livvie?"

"can I tell you a secret?" she smiled and slipped her hand under Harry's.

"of course, darling."

she cupped her other hand close to Harry's ear and as he leaned closer to her, she whispered, "you're my favorite." she pulled away and said louder, "don't tell."

Harry nodded, making an X over his chest. "i won't. cross my heart."

the microwave beeped, and Harry stood up to take Olivia's pizza out, seeing as Louis was busy spooning their now-cooked broccoli casserole onto two plates. "wait," the girl called quietly, "I have another secret!"

"okay baby," Harry smiled, leaning down to press his ear next to her lips. "tell me."

Louis could barely make out what his baby sister was saying to Harry, but he was pretty positive that he heard her whisper, "you're Lou's favorite too."