[ 1 ]

My hands buzzed with anticipation, yet I was not excited. Nervous terror surged through my viens, rattling my spine with worry. My boots kicked against the ground in uncertainty and the line moved upwards. Peering past the row of people in front of me, I gulped. Although the foyer was pristine, and the groups of people surrounding me were in whirring conversations, unable to contain their enthusiasm, I couldn't help but have an extremely uneasy feeling hovering around my head.

  The towering pillars spiraled up to join with the ceiling, seemingly floating about twenty feet above my head. Quartz and limestone walls were decorated with paintings, plaques and delicate vases. A grand fireplace behind the front desk, lined with marble, precisely and carefully carved to a neat perfection, crackled with a burning fire. Padded sofas and chairs surrounded the area, proving to be a comfortable lounge to relax.

The line moved up again. Only about six people were between me and the registration desk. There, sitting at a polished wooden desk topped with a clean white cloth, sat a man and a woman, greeting the guests in front of them with kind smiles and cheerful words.  The line moved up once more. I wiped my sweating palms on my shirt before running a hand through my thick black hair. My light grey shirt and black pants matched everyone else standing around me, all with our suitcases and dufflebags beside us. I glanced downwards at my black and red carryall at my feet, packed with esstientials like brushes (for teeth and hair), body washes and shampoo, a few books, my laptop, phone and my glasses case. We weren't required to bring a lot, since we'll be supplied clothes and any other items when we get signed in.

The line had moved up twice. I was standing at the front of the line, waiting cautiously to be called by one of the two receptionists at the desk. When one of the clients walked off, I was nodded at by the male. I approached, picking up and setting down my luggage back beside me. "H-hello," I stuttered awkwardly.

He gave me a warm smile, as if it was an automatic response. "Hey there! Can I get your name?"

"Anthony Caos. C-A-O-S."

He nodded as he typed into the computer on his right. A grin of success flashes on his face. "Ah! Here you are!" His mouse clicked and a printer behind him buzzed to life as he kicked off and rolled towards it on his chair, grabbing the slip of paper the printer created. He rolled back towards me, picking up a pen and signing it with a blue ink signature. "My name's Adam. To my left," he nodded to the woman, "is Cathy. Contact us any time if you need help getting 'round."

 Adam handed me the slip with another smile. "See ya around, Anthony!"

Clasping it inbetween my fingers, I stepped away from the desk and looked over the paper. An explanation.

 Welcome Mr. Anthony Caos to the National Training Academy for Gifted Elementals, or the NTAGE for short! We are glad that you have accepted to attend the instituition, for you will not regret it! Teachers, trainers and other staff will make sure that you enjoy your time at the facility. On the back of this paper, there should be a map of the layout of the buildings. Labeled in light blue is the Lightning sector, which is where your sleeping chamber is located. All else is indecated in the map's legend.

   -Yours truly, the Headmaster and CEO of NTAGE

I flipped over the paper and was faced with a building blueprint, inked with black outlines and splotches of colour coordinations. My eyes sifted through it, and I folded it in my fingers. "Alright, then." I glanced to the left of where I stood, staring down a long corridor. I huffed and hoisted my bag up from the ground, my black leather boots tapped against the granite-tiled flooring as I made my way down the hall and to the Lightning sector.

This was going to be a long day.